Chapter twenty-seven

"Is it even safe to go back there?" De asked as we drove around the suburbs

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Is it even safe to go back there?" De asked as we drove around the suburbs. Leo's head rested on my shoulder while his hand was on my thigh. It moved up from time to time, so I had to forcefully move it off. He didn't like it.

It was impressive how Nico was practically sober after drinking even more than Leo when he was close to passing out. Although, he did keep himself together.

"Leo has an apartment in the city. We could-"

"No. If he's here, that's the first place he'll look," he said and moved his head onto my lap. For some reason, I found him adorable right now. I caressed his head as I took in the surroundings through my window. Thick clouds covered the sky, making it slightly dark. There was no rain yet, but the forecast did mention a thunderstorm.

"So where the hell do we go? Back to the mansion?" De asked, clearly annoyed.

"We need our stuff," I said.

"Baby, I'll buy you everything you need in this Universe after we're safe. Your safety is more important to me. And I don't want to lose the skunk bag in the front seat," I smiled.

"Hey!" Nico said in a deeper tone.

"We need to get Mat," I mentioned. "We can leave her but I like Matteo," Nico chuckled.

"She won't go. Trust me. Besides, you'd kill each other the minute you step into a plane," I chuckled but knew he was right. I didn't like her one bit.

"Call him and tell him to get his ass to the airport," Leo ordered.

"Please ask him to get us at least some clothes. I can't be in this all day," Adena said as Nico dialled Matteo.

"Caio, porta in culo all'aeroporto, Mat. Prepara le nostre cose e arriva il prima possibile. Cerca di non distinguerti," [Hi, get your ass to the airport, Mat. Get our stuff and get there as quickly as possible. Try to not stand out.] he hung up after Mat said something on the other side and the car became silent.

"How long until the airport?" De looked at the GPS.

"Ten minutes," I nodded and tilted my head back, my fingers threaded in Leo's hair.

————

"Honey! We're here!" Adena shouted to Leo and me who were asleep. I looked down at him, moving around but keeping his head on my lap. I looked through my window, seeing the airport tracks. There was one private plane and three commercial planes on the track.

"Is Mat here?" I asked and Nico shook his head.

"He'll be here in about five minutes," I nodded and yawned, covering my mouth with my hand. "Where will we even go?"

"Boss?" Nico asked, aiming at Leo.

"Leo," I tried moving him to wake him up. He moaned and opened his eyes. His eyes found me and his lips curled into a smile.