Chapter thirty-five

She remembers

She remembers.

She fucking remembers Paris.

"Angel, what happened?" Her sobs were the only sound coming from the speaker. "Love, don't hurt me like that."

"Leo, he was here. He told me... he..." Barlowe. I should've stayed. I should've kept her with me.

"Did he touch you?"

"He kissed my-"

"I'll kill him," I don't give a damn what he kissed. The only lips that can be on her skin are mine.

"No, Leo you can't. I don't want him to hurt you," I shook my head, my blood boiling.

"I'm already hurt and there's no going back, angel," her sobs became louder. "Love, please tell me what happened," she didn't say a word. "Aella?"

"Leo... did you kill your last girlfriend?" I frowned.

"Hell no. Where did you get that information?" I would never hurt a woman that I've had a relationship with. Even if she did me dirty.

"Did you leave your sister to be with me?" Fucking Barlowe.

"Yes. Yes I did, but she's the one who's helping Barlowe. So if you think I want her beside me, you're wrong. Blood or not, she went behind my back," there was no point in lying to her. "Angel, please tell me what he said."

"Leo! We need to get out of here," Nico said across the room.

"Where are you? Is De okay?" her faint voice spoke.

"We're in a warehouse. De's okay. But we have to get out of here and we can't. Barlowe said something about a lock that you'd only open. But I can't let you leave the apartment."

"Leo, I'll make decisions myself."

"No, you won't. You may not like what I'm about to say, but for fuck's sake, I'm only doing it to protect you. You will not set a foot outside of the apartment. Not one goddamn inch. I'll lock the door if I have to. It's not safe, angel. You know it. You're fucking injured and there is no way in hell, I'm letting you drive here," I knew that if anything happened to her after she left, I'd blame myself for the rest of my life. I wouldn't be surprised if I take a trip to Satan's home.

"But-"

"No buts. You'll listen to me this once. We can stay on the phone and when we get to the lock, I'll show you what it is. Please, baby, listen to me," she stayed quiet.

"Okay," she said, barely holding back. I let out a breath of relief. I looked around the room, noticing a window upstairs. I began walking towards it.

"Tell me that the door is locked," I said to her.

"It is," I put her on speaker for one moment to turn off the door system completely. That way, no one and I literally mean no one could get inside. I put her off the speaker and put the phone up to my ear.