Chapter forty-seven

"Aella!" The sound of Nico's voice brought me back to reality

"Aella!" The sound of Nico's voice brought me back to reality. Damon's lifeless body was on top of me. I was in a state of shock. I couldn't move. My leg was numb. I couldn't feel my chest because of the dead body on top of me and on top of that, acid began to travel up my throat.

The moment his body was off me, I sat up and turned to the side, letting the liquid pour out.

"Oh, my fuck," He said, patting my back with his hand.

"Shoot him again. I don't want him to wake up." I said through the pain.

"Al, you pierced through his heart. Unless he grows another one, he's dead."

"Just do it, please. I don't want to risk it." The sound of the gun didn't make me jump nor flinch. It felt as if he took a piece of me, a piece of my heart with him to hell. Hardly complained.

The sharp pain in my abdomen appeared. I pressed my hand on the spot, breathing hard.

The baby.

"Nico, I need to get to the hospital." I looked up at him. He nodded, handing his hand out. I pointed to my thigh which had an open wound.

"Merda! You're going to bleed out." He picked me up carefully and rushed towards my house. "You think you'll make it?"

"I hope not," I said not thinking.

"Leo's not going to like that." I rolled my eyes and winced from the pain in my abdomen. "What hurts?"

"My entire body." He reached Aileen's car, opened the passenger door and sat me in. He buckled me up and rushed to the driver's seat. He turned the car on and accelerated forward.

"I'm not even going to ask what happened."

"Smart."

"You're a strong woman, you know that? Not many could've done that." I looked through the window.

"Where's Leo?"

"At the hospital." A tear escaped my eye. "Did he hurt you?"

"I got this," I pointed to my thigh, "when I rolled off the small cliff outside the fence. He hit me but that's all. Everything else was me." I explained. I had to hold onto the handle attached to the door in order to keep still.

"I'm fucking glad that it's not infected yet." He said, speeding through the road.

"How's Dena?"

"Okay. I haven't seen her since you called. Aileen stayed with her."

"Where's Brandon?"

"At the hospital. He was the first one to see his car." I looked at Nico. His hand was shaking rapidly. "She was raped. She was fucking raped." He said half-whispering. "She had to go through all of that... and I couldn't help her." Tears fell from my eyes. My best friend. My best friend got into this mess because of me.