Chapter thirty-four

Seven years agoParis

Seven years ago
Paris

I woke up from the sunlight, shining through the windows. I sat up, looking around the room.

This is not my room.

I walked through the memories from yesterday in my head.

I was in my room. Adena called. We ended up at the airport. We flew out to Paris. Paris? What the hell?

Then we went to a party. Got drunk and ended up in a fancy hotel. Something that I know I can barely afford.

The room was stunning. There were gold accents around the ceiling, gold door handles, vases. It all looked beautiful. I rubbed my eyes and felt someone move beside me.

Please don't be a stranger. Please don't be a stranger.

I turned to the side, seeing Adena's dark brown hair. Relief washed through me. I exhaled deeply and got out of bed. I walked over to the massive floor-to-ceiling windows before I opened the balcony door, going outside. The instant view of the Eiffel tower met my eyes.

I gasped. I've never been somewhere so beautiful. But this was definitely too expensive. I leaned against the railing, taking in the view.

The old-looking, but aesthetic buildings, were built one next to another. The massive structure was not too far away from me. The sun shining and clear sky. The sound of cars and chatter all around me. I loved it all. I inhaled deeply and went back inside.

A nice break didn't sound too bad.

I closed the door and looked at De. She was sleeping on her stomach with her hair scattered everywhere. Her face not even seen.

I walked towards the bathroom. The moment I entered, I gasped again and cursed under my breath. A gold fucking tub and toilet.

How much did we spend?

This was some royalty shit.

I used the fancy toilet, that in reality, was just a regular toilet but a different colour. What was I thinking? How can a golden toilet be different? I mean it is gold. But the colour doesn't change the way I pee or do number twos. Maybe it just gives me a feeling of being fancy as hell.

I flushed the water and walked over to the sink. Gold. Wow. I'm scared to open my bank account. I wouldn't be surprised if zeros took over.

I washed my hands and took out my toothbrush to brush my teeth. After, I put it all away and left the bathroom, going towards my suitcase that was dropped on the floor. The clothes were scattered around it and shoes were thrown all over the room.

What the hell happened yesterday?

I picked out a pastel yellow skirt that came down to my knees and a white, lace crop top. I grabbed the white, lace lingerie set I had and walked back into the bathroom to get changed. My hair was a mess like every morning so I had to straighten it to make it look somewhat decent.