Chapter thirty-one

I carried her into the bedroom

I carried her into the bedroom. As we entered the building, I told the receptionist to call my doctor. I set Aella on the bed and went into the bathroom to get some bandages.

"Buonasera," I heard Enzo's, my doctor's, voice. I walked into the bedroom, sharing a glance with him and walking over to the girl on my bed.

"She was shot," he walked over to the bed before removing the jacket, covering her wound. She took my hand and gripped it. I placed my other hand on top and placed a kiss on her hand.

"I'll take the bullet out and close the wound. It'll take a bit and she might need something to bite on," I grabbed the pillow right beside her and handed it to her. Enzo began taking out his equipment and sanitized the wound. I looked at her, my heart aching from pain.

She shouldn't have done that.

She shouldn't have done it. Fuck my life. She shouldn't have done it.

"Please stay, just a bit longer," I nodded. She was hurting because of me. I was causing her pain when all I wanted to do was make her happy and finally let her live the life that she deserves. It was like she was back to her old life. She was suffering.

I looked over at Enzo. He began taking the bullet out, making Aella bite the pillow and wince from the pain. The small and quiet scream erupted. It was like terror to my ears.

I kept telling myself that she'll be okay. She'll live. But who knows when something like this could happen again? Maybe next month both of our lives will be at stake.

They already were, but maybe Damon would find his way to her. He'd kill me. At least he'd try to.

But I knew one thing.

As long as I was breathing on this Earth, he wouldn't lay another finger on her.

Enzo worked carefully, trying to cause as little pain as possible. The bullet was out and the only thing left was the stitching. He sewed it and sanitized the area again before putting a long bandage on top of it. He stood up.

"That'll be it. She'll live. You should be lucky it hit her this low. It didn't cause any damage that would be long-term but she should be on bed rest for at least this week," I nodded.

"I'll walk him out. Drink some water, alright?" She nodded, taking the glass from the bedside table. Enzo and I walked out, going towards the doors. "Thank you, so much," he patted my back.

"Just keep her away from the life you normally live in. She's too fragile. I'd actually like to do some tests on her if you don't mind," I nodded. I've spoked with Enzo a few weeks back about checking her out. I doubt she had good medical attention while living with her shit ass husband. "I'd like to see her immune system and if the bruises are still there."

"I'll talk to her about it but I think she'll be okay with it," he nodded, as I reached for the door handle.

"And, Leonardo, be careful with intercourse. Her body might be too weak to carry a child right now," I nodded. It was up to her if she wanted one or not. And if her life was at stake, then we wouldn't even try.