Chapter twenty-six

"Thank you," I said to De, as she put the plate of ravioli in front of me

"Thank you," I said to De, as she put the plate of ravioli in front of me. Lunch was made by Dena with the help of Nico. Who, I assume, is her guy now. Not that I don't like them, I'm glad that she's into someone. After all, she did run away with me.

I took a sip of my wine and met Leo's eyes. He was staring at me, with his arms crossed and his face calm. Quite pleased actually. The Tagliardis were running errands around the city, however Andrea joined us for lunch. She sat on the very end of the table with Matteo on her left-hand side.

I sat on the other side, with Leo in front of me and De kn my right-hand side. Nico sat right next to Leo, across from Adena.

"What?" I asked. The corners of his lips lifted slightly.

"Nothing," I rolled my eyes, setting my glass down. "Don't do that, angel," I cheeky smile formed on my lips as I turned my head to look at De. She sat down beside me as Nico looked around the table if everything was set. He joined us shortly.

"Dig in," De said and we began eating. Her cooking was exquisite. In my college years, I remember her cooking almost every day for me. Best years of my life.

"This is amazing, De," she smiled, taking a bite.

"Where did you learn how to make this, it tastes almost as good as the ones I ate in my childhood," Leo said

"Thank you, Leo. I guess cooking has always been my passion. Growing up, I didn't really have friends up until high school, so instead of laying around all day, I learned different recipes," I smiled.

"Just wait until you try her lasagna," it was probably her best dish.

"So, Leo," Andrea's voice interrupted. "How are things back in Rome?" I kept my eyes off her. I couldn't stand her. As much as I trusted Leo, I couldn't help but feel slightly threatened.

"Everything's okay," I looked up at him, taking my glass of wine to my lips.

"And Damon?" The wine didn't slide down my throat so easily. I coughed a few times.

"You okay?" Leo and Adena asked in union. I nodded, setting the drink down. How in the world does she know?

"Leo?" Andrea asked as if she's getting impatient. He turned his head to her.

"He's in Rome. That's all I know," he looked back at me, as I took a bite of my food.

"And you came here because he's there?" I contained myself.

"Why is that important?" He asked.

"It's my house-"

"That Julio helped pay for," Leo interrupted her cockily.

"Either ways, I'm curious," I chuckled. "Everything alright, Ella?" I smiled, glancing at her.

"Yeah. I'm great actually. But I'm afraid that your stupidity is out of this world," De chuckled. Andrea didn't look happy. She'd strangle me if she had the chance.