Chapter eleven

(Slight mature content ahead!)

The car ride was silent. Just as I expected it. I stared through the window, avoiding him. He had no right to order me around like that. Sure, I could've told him where I was but why would he care?

Adena drove back to Matteo's place without even saying goodbye which I guessed was Leo's job. De would never do that on purpose.

I turned my head to him, noticing his grip on the steering wheel. He held it with one hand so hard, it turned his knuckles white. His other hand was on his thigh. I wondered what was he thinking about but I quickly looked away. I didn't want him to question me.

Lucas was hot. He looked like a gentleman. Someone I'd go for instantly if I had never met Damon. After him, I'm too scared.

"Who was he?" Leo broke the silence. I hesitated to answer. "What's the first rule?"

"Don't make you repeat yourself?"

"Then answer the fucking question!" he raised his voice.

"I just bumped into him. There was nothing that happened that should concern you," he chuckled.

"You gave him your number?" He saw.

"No."

"I swear the lies are driving me mad, angel."

Angel.

"Why do you care?" I looked at him.

"I asked a question-"

"And I chose not to answer it-"

"Do not interrupt me," I rolled my eyes. "If you just rolled your pretty eyes, I'd be glad I didn't see it, if I were you, Ella." I was angry. Furious.

"I asked you a question. Why do you care, Leonardo?" I moved my gaze onto his face.

"Are you seeing him again?" I looked away trying so hard not to roll my eyes. He was avoiding the goddamn question.

"Maybe."

"No, you're not."

"Excuse me?" I looked at him. "You do not have a say so in this." The car stopped at a red light. His head turned to face me.

"You'll do as I say, angel. Or I swear, I'll put you on my bad side."

Fottuto pezo di merda!

He looked back at the road. "So, every time I do something you do not approve of, you'll threaten me with your "bad side"," I made air quotes. He ran his tongue across his bottom teeth. He's pissed.

"Darling, stop talking."

"Why?" I turned my body to face him. "Huh? Are you jealous?" He looked through his window. "Is Mr Leonardo Russo jealous of another guy getting some attention from me?" He looked back at the road. "Well guess what, he'll get it. He's one of the hottest guys I've seen and trust me when I say this, he's nothing like you. Just what I want. Someone who's the complete opposite of you. Someone, who would be hotter than you, taller than you, richer than you and have something bigger than yours. Is that what you want to hear, Mr Russo? Huh?" I was well aware that I was pushing his buttons. "Aren't you quiet? You're not even scary." He stayed silent. "You think that you're the best guy any girl could ask for. You're not. Fuck, even sex is-" I wasn't able to finish the sentence when he crashed his lips to mine.