𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘢 𝘦.

       I stared at myself in the mirror, I can't  believe I did it. Is this real? Did I really do this? What have I done?! I quickly took a deep breath trying to accept it. It'll be okay....I'll just get ready... I'll be fine.

      I did my make up, then dried my hair giving it that blow out look. I put on a tight pink baby shirt and some black jeans. I quickly ran to the mirror and looked at myself.

        Holy shit.

         The light brown hair I once had was now gone, it was now a raven black. My hair was black. I looked kinda badass. Shit, I forgot about work!

       Quickly getting in my car, I drove to my new job at an art gallery! I know pretty rad. I showed them my portfolio full of my art work and well they loved it! I was going to pick up the check of the amount of my paintings sold, then I was going to the coffee shop to work with Mary.

       Stepping into the beautiful art gallery, Paige, the front desk assistant ran over to me. "I have your check, you made total bank. Everyone was all over your piece, they couldn't stop talking about the feeling the type of art had."

       If I didn't mention before this is the first time it's on display.... I missed the first 2 exhibits cause I wanted my art to be perfect. After 2 months of making 20 pieces with the theme "feelings" I turned it in. I didn't expect every single piece to be sold.

     "But all the pieces weren't color they were all-"

     "Your pieces and I quote ' they show the true emotions' your paintings were the ones that were most sold, we've never had so many people pay thousands for art work."

      Thousands?

      I haven't even looked at the check yet, I quickly opened it and saw the 4 zeros. 20,000 American bucks.

       "This isn't real" I scoffed but Paige shook her head. "This is real?!"

       "You brought in masterpieces" my jaw dropped.

       "I can't have all of it- I- it wasn't that good! I was going through a break up it was sad black and grey art! It wasn't landscape, it was sad! How did they like that?!———sorry I was yelling"

        "Some people connect with the art, truly connect. People pay big money for that. Especially at an art gallery in the middle of the city."

         "This isn't even what I make in 9 months."

      "Well you made it and it's yours you deserve it Khai, I have to get back to work. Next event is on November 16th be there" I nodded and walked out....RICH.

        I practically got to the coffee shop jumping up and down.

      "Mary! I'm rich!" I ran over to her, no one was here yet, Mary was just organizing everything.

"Khailea?" Her eyes widened,

"Mary! My art it sol-" her arms wrapped around my tightly, then it hit me. I haven't seen her in months. I hugged her back equally as tight.

"I thought something happened to you, why didn't you call!" She yelled loudly "but your okay" she hugged me tightly again.

"Im okay" am I really though?

       I felt this wave of guilt, as I told her. I ignored it.

        "Your hair...it's black, that doesn't mean I'm okay" she rolled her eyes at my lie.

        "I broke up with him" I couldn't say his name. I didn't even want to think about him it just made me mad. I could tell she wanted to say something wise like 'finally' or 'about time'. Instead she hugged me.

           "Im not going to say I told you so but.....I told you so" she mumbled, I rolled my eyes, then broke the hug. "Why did you guys break up?"

          "Let's have a girls night at my place, I'll see you there bring Chinese," I walked to the back of the coffee shop where the bosses office is. I'm resigning.

         Knocking on the hard wood door, the boss opened it. He grinned when he saw me. "What brings you by Khailea?"

      "I mean this is the nicest way possible but umm I'm-I" I take a deep breath before continuing "I'm quitting, at it's not because I don't love the job, but I found a job closer to my type of interest and it makes a good wad of cash, not saying the pay isn't good here- I'm yeah okay I'm um quitting. Thank you for everything. Um bye" I left there office, I'm going to literally stab myself 10 times.

        I tried to leave as quick as possible but Mary stopped me "what happened?" She asked me as raised her eyebrows.

       "I quit"

       "Khai! We are supposed to-"

       "I know-I'll just tell you about everything at my place okay! Love you bye!" I quickly opened the door, running to my car to get home.....but before I did I stopped by the liquor store and bought some beers. I don't drink but things have changed....

I took off my pants leaving myself in panties and my tight pink shirt. It felt nice just lounging on my couch. I even cleaned everything.

For a second everything went quiet around me and the thought of him came to mind. Clenching my fists and jaw, I took a deep breath trying to not be so angry but I couldn't. It was all his fault.

My thoughts got interrupted by the door swinging open. "Khailea Amaris Evans!! Start talking right now!" Mary quickly sat on the couch waiting for me to start talking but I just stare at the ceiling.

     "It's been a year, i broke up with him. I don't know where he is now and I don't want to know. I found my dream job and got paid 20,000 dollars for my art, I dyed my hair black and I feel like I can rule the world but I feel like I'm crumbling inside but I miss you so much and I forgot how much better having you with me makes me feel."

      I felt her put her head on my shoulder, she hugged me trying to comfort me, but I just wanted to drink and talk and watch tv tonight. So that's exactly what we did.