𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘢 𝘦.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I was finally happy, Dallas and I are together again -kinda, Im not sure. I'm much more happy and not sad any more, just worried.

I still haven't got word from Rose. I've called over and over again but nothing. Dallas and I have called each other a lot lately good morning calls, Goodnight calls, making sure your okay calls, everything calls.

I was starting to organize everything for my paint day which was today. I wore a cropped long sleeve shirt with some denim overalls and left my hair down like usual. Nothing fancy. I picked up my pencil and was about to start my sketch but heard a loud ringing noise.

"Goodness me Dallas, we just called" I laughed softly picking up the phone "hello?"

It was Rose "Dear, Hank and I are at home" Roses' voice seemed off.

"Rose are you guys okay? Something doesn't feel right, I went to your place 2 nights ago all the lights were on, there's dent in your wall by the way-"she cut me off  not letting me speak.

         "Honey Um why don't you come over for some tea" Tea? This early? I mean it's not a bad thing but....it just doesn't seem right.

         "I'll see you in 5" I hung up the phone quickly grabbing my keys to go to my car. I didn't really change out of my painting outfit, the situation was very worrying and strange to take my time to go there.

           Quickly getting out of the car I ran to the house and knocked on the door. I waited a minutes... that's right minutes, until Rose opened the door.

          I noticed her eye bags were dark from lack of sleep, her eyes were droopy and sad. "Rose is everything okay?"

        "Come in dear?" She held out her hand signaling me to go into the house, but she kept avoiding my question.

        "Don't avoid my question, something is clearly wrong"  I furrowed my eyebrows getting sick of the stupid game she was playing with me.

          Hank walked into the room smoking his cigar, I realized Marty wasn't here, I mean he's usually always here in the living room.

           "Where's Marty?" I asked her having that panic feeling rise in me.

           "Marty-he-he had a heart attack" my heart dropped, it shattered to a million pieces. It was like if everything froze. "He's not dead but they said they don't know if he'll last long. He's at the hospital"

          "Let's go to the hospital, why are you not at the hospital? He could be dying!" They didn't do anything they just sat there "why aren't you coming?"

          "Khai, Marty is old. He's almost 90, it's a miracle he's last this far-" Hank said letting them smoke out through his mouth.

         "Rose? He's your husband-"

          "He told me to come home, I came home. He don't want people to worry about him-"

"Well I am going to worry" I walked out of the house quickly getting in my car feeling so frustrated and sad about the whole situation.

How could I not be worried, he had a HEART ATTACK. I think I'm allowed to worry.

I raced out of of my car I to the hospital, i tried not being rude when I asked for his room number, they said they only let family in so I just faked being his great grand daughter. They let me pass those door pretty quickly.

As I approached the door I stood there try to put myself together before I cry or do something sensitive to the point where I sob. The nurse stood there awkwardly looking at me, waiting for me to go in.

"Sorry-" I opened the door making us both walk into the room. There he was, laying there looking like he barely had life in him. My eyes pooled with tears. "Marty?" My voice croaked as I slowly walked over to him, each step so quiet not even a mouse could hear it.

"Ohh look at who it isn't, Khailea!" He tried to say my name loudly but shut his eyes tightly probably feeling pain.

"Marty are you okay? What happened? Why didn't you guys call me? I was so worried-"

"Dear i didn't want you worrying about some old hag like me, I'm old my time is coming and I'm ready, I lived and I lived a wonderful life. All things must come to an end. I thought you already knew this" he chuckled weakly, I hated seeing him like this, it was like losing a parent.

"I don't want you to go Marty I need you alive, you still have to teach me al-"

"Keep the crystal I gave you, you'll have a fantastic life with it. Now tell me dear did you tell him?"

"Tell him who? And what?" I sniffled and sat on the side of the bed holding Marty's hand.

"Dallas, did you tell him?"

"Oh.... I think Him and I are giving it another go, we both are adults now not teenagers so I think we've changed and grew out of our old bad habits."

"So you finally got your Prince Charming dear, don't let him slip away."

"Marty don't talk like you're dying. You're not dying" tears ran down my cheek, my heart ached from pain just thinking about Marty no longer being here.

"But i am, what you want me to do about it dear, the great lord wants me to fly high and I Damn will."

       "Bu-"

      "Hush and sit next to me before I kick the bucket, i really ain't getting any younger hun" I sat right next to him and put my head on his shoulder, taking in the moments I had left with him.

      I let the time pass by.

      Each minute.

       Every single second until I couldn't anymore.

      10 minutes when by.............he flat lined.

     "Time of death. 12:56"