𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴 𝘸.

I love her.
I wish I could tell her that.

It was around 10 in the morning, Khai was sound asleep in my arms. She looked so beautiful. I didn't want to hurt her but it was the only way I could protect her.

       I just wanted to protect her from what she didn't know. From my past. I got into jail and I didn't want to tell her that I did, she never knew what I was like before Tulsa. Before I met her.

     She was full of light, she giggled at everything and painted, read books. She would sit out in the rain watching the rain fall even if she got drenched in water. She wore light colors and said the sweetest things.

       Her voice was soft and angelic to listen to, she was short about 5'1 to be exact. She had an amazing body, with beautiful curves. She always wanted to help people and make sure they were okay. She was selfless.

      Then she met me. I tried changing. I tried to give her everything, but there was this point where I couldn't give anymore. I couldn't keep pretending I was this good guy.

      I was a hood from the streets of New York. I killed someone. I fought with people, I drank, did drugs at times, I partied. I fell into the wrong group of people.

       Growing up my dad hated me. He didn't want me alive. My mom died and I looked like her. He hated that. So he beat me, no one said or did anything. I was just a kid and my dad abused the fuck out of me.

       I ran away, went to Tulsa. Met a group of guys that were nice. They took me in for a while. Then I met Khailea. Sodapop has been crushing by on the broad for years now but never knew how to make a move...I didn't know the broad so I met her. Something in me  drew me to her all the time. I wanted to protect her, love her.

        I tried to.

Her eyes fluttered open looking at me then they widened, she quickly sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What the hell happened?"

"Hey, you were drunk. I helped you out. Nothing happened. I promise, you couldn't sleep last night so I laid down with you. You also kept insisting that I shouldn't sleep on the floor"

She ran her hand through her hair and sighed. She looked stressed or like really concentrated.

"I have work today!" She groaned and flopped on top of me, I chuckled softly and moved the hair out of her face.

"I can drive you" she sat up realizing what she did, "i don't mind, I got nothing better to do"

She stood up and stretched. I heard some of her bones crack which was disgusting. I shook off the gross feeling.

"Thank you, but I kinda have to go now. I'm like 4 hours late" I chuckled and gave her some broads sandals from a night stands

"Whose are these?" She asked me confused on why I had girl shoes.

"Some broad left them here," I shrugged it off, but she looked at me like of she didn't even know—she didn't. I know that. "Come on you gonna be late"

         "I'm already late" she muttered under her breath. I ignored it and we both walked out of the apartment building to my car. The car ride was silent. I turned up the radio but nothin good was playing.

          I stopped in front of the coffee place and she looked down at her lap then looked back up at me "thank you" she grinned softly and got out of the car. She pulled up the pants a bit before she went in which made me crack a smile.

I thought for a second then drove off. I drove to the Curtis house. I wanted to see her again and just be with her again but I knew that was going to happen. I parked the car and went into the house.

"Well look who's here, the hood that don't pass by no more" Steve scoffed and sat on the couch drinking his beer.

"Hey Dal" Sodapop smiled, like always.

"Hey Dally" Johnny grinned and took a drag of his cancer stick.

I looked around but I couldn't find Ponyboy "Where's Ponyboy?" I asked them confused on why he wasn't there.

"He's at school, don't forget he's a a smartie"

"Right" I nodded and sat on the couch next to Two who was knocked out asleep. I slapped him but the guy was quite literally knocked out. "He is dead" Then I realized he could be actually dead so I made sure I heard him breathe. "He's alive!" Everyone sighed in relief and clapped.

          "So Dal what's up with ya haven't seen you in like a billion trillion years" Sodapop chuckled softly, drinking some of his chocolate milk.

         "I saw-um Khai slept over at my place yesterday" everyone stopped what they were doing. "She was drunk at Tim's party and she needed help so I helped."

      "Khai as in Khailea?" Steve asked me

      "Yeah" I nodded and ran my hands through my hair

      "Khai as in babydoll Khai?" Sodapop asked

      "Yes" I sighed getting annoyed with their surprised reactions.

      "Khai as in I went soft for her but then I turned into the biggest asshole on  the face of the planet." Johnny grew out of his quiet faze.

       "Shut the fuck up, yes, Khailea the gorgeous fucking girl that I dumped and broke. The girl that I fucking loved but dumped!"

        "Yeah you lost her and now you can't get her back, I bet that's what your problem is" I rolled my eyes and flipped Steve off.

       "Do you want to suck my dick?"

       "Nah that shit is like 2 centimeters long" Steve laughed loudly,

       "HAHA, you're fuckin stupid .......you wish you had a big dick Steve," I scoffed and he smirked

       "Please Dal, I'm a thousand percent right that my dick is bigger."

      "Wanna bet?"

     "No....."

     "That's what I fucking thought"

     "Anyway you gonna talk to Khai or something?" Soda asked me, I shrugged not really knowing what to do with Khai.

       "I don't know man—-I just-I don't fucking know" i got up, walking to the kitchen to get some beer.

I went outside and sat on the steps trying to think...but all I could think about was her.