𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘢 𝘦.

    It felt like my world crumbled and would never be the same. I look over at the picture I had with Marty. It was graduation day and he gave me the bracelet I wear everyday. I looked down remembering the moment I heard the heart monitor flat line.

      "Marty?- wake up Marty, wake up- please don't die" I shook him, trying to wake up his limp dead body. He was pale and his body sank into the bed.

     I felt a pair of many hands pull me off the bed. "No!" I screamed loudly, the nurses began chest compressions but he was gone. They already knew that.

     "Ma'm please-" I pushed the nurse and sat in the corner of the room.

     "He's dead. He's-dead" hugging my knees I cried like there was no tomorrow. The warm droplets of tears ran down my cheek no stop. The nurses draped a white sheet over his body, then left.

⁂⁂⁂

    It's been a few days, I haven't even gone to work, I haven't talked to Dallas, Rose, Hank or Mary. I've probably heard the phone ring a billion times and heard the door pound a trillion times.

It was 12:35 pm I'm late for work. My boss is so gonna kill me. I got up putting on a some beige jeans, I didn't change my crew neck I just left it on really not putting effort in my outfit. I grabbed my beanie putting it over my messy bed hair and left to work.

I saw Mary overwhelmed with cups and the line of orders was getting longer. Where's Stan? I went to the back quickly putting on my aproan and going to the cash register to take orders.

"God where in hell have you fucking been Khai?" Mary tried not to raise her voice, I didn't say anything I just took the persons order. "Khailea where were you?" She asked me again.

I felt my eyes water again but I tried to ignore it, so I started to make the drinks.

I put the cap on the drink and continued making the next one. I just tried to not think about the whole Marty thing, Mary noticed that I didn't want to talk so she didn't talk either.

         After my long never ending day of work, i was getting ready to go home. I put on my beanie and took off the apron I wore the whole day.

        We both heard a knock on the front door of the closed coffee shop but Mary beat me to it before I even got to say I got it.

        I heard mumbled and then someone yelling but I didn't think anything of it. I quickly signed out of the place clearly showing that I went to work today, I grabbed my car keys and began walking out the break room.

         "You are terrible for her and you know it! Why did you come back into her life! She doesn't need-" of course Dallas and Mary were arguing. They never really got off on the right foot and never ever tried to. Our past break up just added to the hate she had for him.

          Clearly confused at his presence at the moment i left the break room and walked over her to where they both were arguing, I questioned him "Dallas? What are you-"

      "Are you okay? I called you and even passed by your place by you never called back or answered" he walked over to me but Mary pushed him away from me.

       "Maybe she doesn't want to see you asshole! Leave!" I never really told Mary how the date went, I didn't see her until today and I barely even spoke to her today.