𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘢 𝘦.

"He what?!" Mary yelled loudly, i quickly ran to my closet and dug through clothes.

"He asked me to go to the carnival with him" Grabbing a black mini skirt and a floral red pink shirt, I ran to the bathroom.

She ran with me, I began doing my make up as she practically screamed. "But it's Dallas!"

"I know it's Dal-"

"He broke your heart! No! I won't accept this, I'm sorry but I won't. You cried day and night for that fool. He treats you terribly!"

"Mar, he changed."

"Yeah sure, i changed clothes today...oh look at that I'm still me"

"He's been hurting too I'm not-"

She face palmed her forehead and laughed out loud "of course he has, it's called a breakup for a reason. God! Khai you can't get yourself into this again!" She groaned in annoyance.

"You haven't to seen him nor talked with him, he isn't the same. He actually cares and he's tough"she smacked my head and rolled her eyes.

"This is toxic. Let me repeat toxic. Let me spell T.O.X.I.C what does that spell? Toxic"

"You just don't understand" I put down my make up things and put on my clothes. I walked out to grab my small black purse, putting in some money and my ID.

"You are making me just -ugh!"

"Okay color me gone! Love you!" I ran out the door quickly getting in the car. I looked at my watch and saw how late I was 30 minutes late... now that's a record.

I probably passed like 3 stop signs but it's okay, there was no one around at this time. Everyone is at home or at the carnival.

I was so excited and giggly. I mean I have no idea if it was a date or not but I was excited.

I parked the car quickly walking to the front gates. He was there smoking a cigarette...he had some daisies in his hands. So it's a date.

I put my hair behind my ears nervously. Our eyes locked onto each other's, he chuckled softly and shook his head as he threw the cigarette on the floor.

"Thought you stood me up for a second"

I looked down in embarrassment. "I'm sorry Mary and I were talking and we lost track of time-"

"Mary, Mary, Mary. Y'all still friends?"

      "Yeah, I was also getting ready" 

     He looked down at his hand and held the flower stem with such delicacy. "This is for you"

     "Thank you" I smiled and put it behind my ear "what ya think? Stylish?" I smiled and gave him a side view.

      "Beautiful—— here come on I got our tickets and now we just gotta go inside" he held out the tickets for me to grab.

      "Thank you" I smiled and we both walked into the fair.

       I felt our hands brush against each other as we walked, giving me butterflies. I saw the flying chair ride and I quickly pulled him towards the ride.

      "You really wanna get on that ride god damn" he chuckled softly giving the 6 tickets to the girl.

      "I love this ride, it's like your flying but on a chair....hints the name, flying chair" I laughed softly, sitting down on a chair. He sat on the chair closet to me and strapped himself in. I felt him look at me and laugh. "What?"