Chapter 64: AMBUSHED!!!

*Skye's pov*

Me, Ty, Chase, May, Preach, and Rocky made our way out of the scrap yard. We went without Midnight's permission. It seemed to be going well except for the glares I saw Rocky give Chase a glare  every now and then. Chase may not have noticed but I did and it was starting to make me mad.

Chase: Are you sure this was a good idea May? I mean shouldn't Midnight know we're out here?

May: It'll be fine I swear. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Me, Chase, Ty, and Rocky all looked at her and I could see the color drain from their faces and feel the color drain from mine.

Ty: FIRST LAW OF PERCY JACKSON!

Skye: Never announce to the Fates that you think you're safe. Because they will prove you wrong.

She looked over at Preach who just shrugged as he continued into the forest. We all followed Preach and despite all of us believing May jinxed us it seemed to be going well. Preach took us to a nice flower patch in the middle of the woods. We all looked around at the brightly colored flowers that covered the small circle field.  There was nothing else inside it besides the rainbow of flowers.

May: When did you find this?

Preach looked at her and tilted his head while raising an eyebrow and she face pawed.

May: That's right you can't speak. I forgot about that. 

Rocky: So he's not doing that by will.

She shakes her head before sniffing the air.

May: Do you smell that?

As soon as May said something the overwhelming smell of Wolves hit me like a freight train with no brakes.

Chase:  That's a Red Wolf, but we're nowhere near a……

Chase, May, and Preach all looked at each other and then to the tree line. I heard a growl and the next thing I knew Chase had pushed me to the ground.

Chase: Everyone get down!

Before anyone could protest a whole pack red wolves came from the trees from all directions.  Chase quickly put me behind him and got into a defensive stance putting me behind him. Ty turned into his human form and pulled out his sword. None of the wolves stopped in fact I think only more came from the trees. They all charged at once. I put my paws over my eyes as a mass of snarls and whimpers filled the air and I started to have a flashback to the worst day of my life, but then felt a paw shake me.

Chase: SKYE WE HAVE TO GO NOW!!!!!!

I looked up and stared into Chase's eyes. They were flickering from brown to red, but were filled with worry. I nodded before standing up.  He began pushing past all the wolves. A few wolves got in the way, but Chase quickly threw them aside. We ran deep into the forest.  I could hear the heavy paw steps behind us. I turned and saw four or five red wolves chasing us.  I began to sprint as fast as I could. Then a pink heart appeared in front of me and I lowered my head and ran full speed into it bursting through it, causing it to shatter then explode into pink dust which flew into me all of a sudden I felt my paws move faster than ever before. I don't know what happened next but blacking out was the last thing I remembered. I snapped back to when I hit something or should I say someone. My sprint came to a dead halt as I smashed into Midnight's side and bounced off.  I looked at Midnight panting heavily as my vision began to blur. I tried to speak but I couldn't form a sentence. I could only get out one word before I fainted.

*Chapter End*

Word Count: 650