Chapter 58: Skase Meets Again

*Skye's POV*

If Buck and Midnight are telling the truth and whoever wanted to see me is who I think it is that would be great. I've really missed Chase. I hope he'll come back with us.  I did as Bucky said and I walked down the hallway. I followed the smell up until I came upon a closed door. I knocked on the door not expecting an answer.

?: I'm not in the mood Buck

Skye: I'm not Buck.

?: *Opening door* What do you want, Skye?... (Wait, Skye!?) SKYE?!?

Skye: CHASE!?!?

Both: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?

We both blushed and I smiled at him.

Chase: *waving his paw* Come on in and we can talk about why we're both here.

Skye: Okay.

I looked around the room and sat on the bed next to Chase.

Chase:  So how'd you find this place?

Skye: It was a normal day. Or as normal as it can be now. When all of a sudden Midnight, Buck, and May burst through the window of the Lookout and demanded to know where someone named Rose was. It was pretty tense. But we all calmed down and It turns out that Rocky was part of Midnight's pack before we knew him. He's the one that built all the machines here. Buck told us that you were looking for me.

Chase chuckled and just said "I told him that you could help him talk to the rest of the pups and show that he's friendly. It seems like they went for the aggressive approach."

Midnight chuckled and walked into the room.  I looked at him and smiled nervously. He glanced down at me and took a step back before sitting down.

Midnight: That would be my fault.  May said she saw one of Rauol's men and I jumped to conclusions. I *sniff*  Wait a minute.

He walked closer and began to sniff me and Chase before looking at the both of us, and looking at Chase. His face went from curiosity to being dead serious as he glared at Chase.

Midnight: It would have been nice if you told me what your mate looked like before we went.

Chase: How did you know?

Rocky: Know what?

Midnight looked at me and Chase as the color drained from our faces.  Midnight shook his head and chuckled. 

Midnight: Nothing. How's everything working?

Rocky: Well you see-

Midnight: Just show me you know how I am.

Rocky nodded and began to walk away as Midnight looked back at us and smiled while shaking his head.

*Chapter end*

Word Count: 431