Chapter 25: A Broken Team

It had been two months since Chase ran away and about a week since Zach was kidnapped. There was a defining silence throughout the tower. No one had spoken much for days except the angry screams of Rubble and Marshall. It was like a small wave of Rage and Sadness had washed over them all. Ty saw this and decided something had to be done. He went up to Ryder and tapped him on the shoulder.

Ty: Ryder I think we need them back a lot faster than planned.

Ryder: Tell me about it. Rocky won't stop working, Skye won't stop crying, Marshall and Rubble won't stop fighting, Everest won't come off the mountain, same with Tracker and the forest, and Zuma, Zuma hasn't eaten in three days I just don't know what to do anymore.

Ty: Look, why don't you take the day off. Go spend time with Jake or Katie or something. I got the pups here.

Ryder[surprised]: Really?

Ty: Yeah. Go.

Ryder gets up after thanking Ty and walks off.

Ty: (Now who to talk to first?)

As Ty was thinking the sounds of angry screaming caught his ear.

Ty: Welp here we go.

Marshall: For the last time leave me alone!

Rubble: No give me back my toy!

Marshall: I don't have it!

Rubble: LIAR!!!!

Ty: What's going on here?

Rubble: He stole my toy.

Marshall: No. I. DIDN'T!!!!

Rubble: Liar.

Rubble jumped at Marshall. They rolled a few times before Marshall came out on top.

Marshall: I don't want to hurt you Rubble, but I will if You DON"T STOP!

Ty used his powers and separated the two.

Ty: What's going on here?

Rubble: He took my-

Ty[Aggitatted]: THE TRUTH

Rubble[sadly]: He called me a pig.

Marshall: You're still mad about that? I said I was sorry like a million times.

Rubble: It's not the fact you said it.

Marshall: Then what is it?

Rubble: It's the fact you said it.

Marshall: Then what is it?

Rubble: The fact that you're right.

Ty:*Sets the pups down* I'm going to let you two sort it out from here.

As Ty walked away Marshall slowly approached Rubble.

Marshall: Rubble I- I don't even know what to say. Rubble. If it hurt you that bad you should have told me. I didn't mean what I said. I was just-

Rubble: Upset?

Marshall: Yeah. Will you forgive me?

Rubble looked at the face of the dalmatian. It was mixed with censerity and fear.

Rubble:*Takes a deep breath in* Fine.

Marshall smiled before wrapping his arm tight around Rubble.

Marshall: Let promise to never let petty things like that come between us again agreed?

Rubble: Agreed. Let's go watch Apollo the super pup.

The two soon rushed inside the tower laughing and smiling and Ty felt a small feeling of joy as he saw the two friends again.

*Chapter end*

word count: 489