Chapter 52

[Chase's pov]

As I walked back to meet back up with Bucky I thought about how the other pups were doing. I wondered if Skye and Marshall told the others about seeing me.
I wondered if Skye told the other pups about us.

I shrugged and followed Buck back to the  pack's home. 

Bucky:  Are you better now?

Chase: *Nods* Yeah sorry about earlier it just became to much

Bucky: I understand kid, let's get back to my little hole in the wall and get some rest.

I followed him back to his sleeping spot and he showed me to another spot.  This bed was bigger than him and I combined and looked like it was meant to hold more than one person.  Several people in fact.

Chase:  Isn't this bed a little big for Rose?

Bucky: I wasn't meant for just Rose.

Chase: You don't mean she's?

Bucky:  It was official all of three weeks ago. 

Chase:  Does Midnight know?

Bucky nodded.

Bucky: Her son if she has will become the new Alpha.

Chase: I thought it had to be Midnight's son

Bucky: That's how it works normally, but he can't have kids and after his mate died he never wanted to find a new one.

Chase: Oh well I-

Bucky: Just get some sleep kid.  No more questions and don't tear up that bed it took us forever to find and longer to get it clean.

I nodded and laid down.  I wondered if I had said or done something wrong and chances are I did both. I suddenly felt bad for sleeping on the bed but when I looked at the hard metal floor I swallowed it, and laid my head down little did I know I made the biggest yet happiest mistake of my life.

Chase: I know you guys can't hear me, but I miss you all. I hope you're safe.

There was a loud beeping followed by some static, and then a familiar voice.

Ryder:  We miss you too.

Marshall: Every

Skye: Single

[All of the team at once]: One of us.

I gasped in amazement when I heard their voices I put my paw to my chest and picked up the familiar glowing blue tag.

Chase: B- But how?

[No one's pov back at the lookout]

Skye: I put it on you last time we *Glances around* met.

Zuma: Light fingews

Skye: Thanks, Ty taught me in case I got kidnapped or needed to steal the keys from a guard.

Ty: I never thought you to place things on people

Skye:  Zach taught me how to place evidence on a person.

Ty: {Of course he would.} Chase we respect your decision on leaving, but please "leave" the collar on we won't come find you I promise.

Chase:  Alright. I'll keep it on for now but I have to go. Just be safe you guys. 

Ryder: You too Chase.

Chase: Over and out Ryder sir.

Ryder: Over and out. Chase

Ryder cut off the communications and turned to an array for smiling dogs. 

Ryder:  He's alive.

Despite having stated the obvious, all the pups jumped for joy, and tacked Ryder to the ground covering him with licks and happy barks. Ryder laughed as he playfully tried to push the pups off him but failed.

*Chapter End*

Word count: 555