Chapter 23: the call

Ryder nearly fell out of the beanbag he was sleeping when his pup-pad went off waking him Ryder got up and checked it.

Ryder: Capt.Sid? What would he want at this hour?

Ryder answered his pup pad unaware that Skye had been woken up as well.

Ryder: Ryder here.

Sid: I've got your dog. He's safe for now.

Ryder: That great can you bring him here?

Sid took a deep breath in and then out, and dropped the fake pirate accent.

Sid: I know it's not my place to say but just let him be.

Ryder[In disbelief]: What?

Sid: Look Ryder. He's not stable. If I bring him home you risk him lashing out on the other pups. Please let me take him to Barkingburg. He'll be safe there and if what he says is true there's someone there that might be able to help. I know you have no reason to trust me but please give me a chance. Let me set things straight with you guys.

Ryder[confused]: Why are you doing this?

Ryder saw Sid look behind him and smile.

Sid: Someone taught me better.

Ryder: Well thank you for calling me and letting me know he's safe.

Sid: Hey before I go what are you going to tell the pups?

Ryder: Nothing for now, but I'll let them know when it's time

Sid: Alright matey just keep them in check for us okay especially Skye we all know where Chase would be without her.

Ryder: Alright just make sure he stays safe for me okay?

Sid smiled and put the fake accent back on.

Sid: You got it matey. Sid out.

Ryder turned around and saw Skye was missing. He looked around the room and saw her glaring at him.

Ryder[nervously]: H-Hey pup. What's with the look?

Skye[coldy]: When were you going to tell us?

Ryder[panicking]: (How did she know?) Yeah of course just not right now. I mean why wouldn't I?

Skye stepped forward and Ryder stepped back.

Skye[Now upset]: How could you not tell us?
Ryder: I didn't want to hurt you.

Skye: Liar.

Ryder: That's not true
Skye: Really,Really,then why don't you want him to come home? Why are you sticking him with Sid to take him to that horrible pup? Why are you trying to avoid the mess you help create?

Ryder[gets mad]: I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

Skye stepped back but soon lashed back.

Skye[screaming]: YES YOU DID. Chase HAS BEEN FOUND AND YOU'RE BEING STUPID ABOUT IT.

Ryder[screaming back]: NO I'M NOT! Chase is sick, and for all we know it could be irreversible.

Skye: And what if it is?!?
Ryder[confused]: W-what
Skye: What if Chase is actually crazy? {What then?}

That question stunned Ryder. She had a point. What if there actually was no cure for Chase's condition. What would he do then? He thought for a moment before his mind came to a sad and grim conclusion. The thought alone had almost made him cry.

Ryder: We would have to put him down.

Skye stared and the teen who shifted his gaze to the floor.

Skye[Shocked]: WHAT!?.

Ryder:*looks at skye* We put him down.

Skye: You can't

Ryder: If there's no other way we have to put him down. To keep us all safe.

Skye [tearing up]: No, you can't

Ryder: I'm sorry Skye I don't want to, but if we can't find a cure or at least a way to prevent it from happening then we'll have to put him down.

Skye: {no no no I can't lose him}

Ryder: I understand, he saved you and you don't want to lose your family and your hero bu-

Skye: NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I LOVE HIM MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE AND I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO TELL HIM, SO IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO PUT HIM DOWN LIKE THAT THEN JUST PUT ME DOWN TOO! I'D RATHER BE DEAD THAN LIVE WITHOUT HIM!

Skye felt tear swelling in her eyes. She soon dashed off and managed to run outside. The dim moonlight and her teary eyes made it hard for her to see, so she smacked right into Ty and fell to the ground

TY: Hey you okay Skye?

Skye didn't answer, sheanswer, she just hugged the Shepherd and cried. Ty was confused at first, but soon hugged her back

Ty: (Where are you guys? This team is falling apart more and more.)

*Chapter end*

AN I feel so stupid I just noticed that I skipped this chapter this is the real chapter 23 sorry

Word count:777