Chapter 35: Sneaking Away

Skye: I'll go talk to Zuma and Rocky. I'm sure Everest has Marshall. (Tonight I'll go get him myself. Luckily they come out tonight. I'm sure they can help me.)

*5 minutes after sunset*

The sun had just finished setting over Adventure Bay and everyone was sleeping but in the darkness near the Lookout a small figure departed and headed for the beach. After a few minutes of walking the pup made it to the bay and used a discarded piece of driftwood to paddle out to sea.

Meanwhile in Barkingburg another figure was sitting on the bridge connecting the castle to the mainland. Suddenly he saw a splash in the distance "What was that?" He thought. As he leaned out to get a better look his paw slipped and he fell off the bridge and into the cold water below.

Chase frantically pawed at the water trying to reach the surface, but the frigid water made it hard to move. The more he struggled the more he felt like he was suffocating. He pawed more and more but he could feel his body giving out it all eventually faded to black.

Chase opened his eyes and looked around; he was still underwater. He looked around and saw another pup. It looked normal on the top half but had a fish tail instead of hind legs.  Chase called out to the strange pup but it started to swim away.  Out of curiosity he followed it. He started swimming after it but he noticed that his swimming felt off. He looked back and saw he had a fish tail as well. "Wait, I'm a Merpup again?" He asked, surprised. He then shook off his shock and continued to follow the Merpup. It wasn't long until they reached Puplantis. When they got there the other Merpup swam away to who knows where. But then Chase saw another Murpup who looked very familiar. But they saw him.

?[shocked]: C-Chase? I-Is that you?

Chase realized why the Merpup looked so familiar it was...

*Chapter end*

Word count: 346