Chapter 32

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Uh...so...

Apparently I accidentally updated chapter 33 instead of 32 last time...and you guys may have skipped to the next chapter...?

😵 I'm so confused-- my unnie knew what happened in this chapter, but it says I didn't publish it... and now it's published...

What the hell happened...?

***

Joonie: I'm here.

Whenever I received that text, I looked up from my books scattered on the table and saw Namjoon's tall figure as he walked in with a large bag slung over his shoulder.

For such a buff guy, you wouldn't expect him to be a high schooler, or to see him carrying around a backpack that looks like it belongs to a child when slung across his broad back.

Damn he's big.

And cute.

Whenever he saw me, I felt my heart melt whenever he looked at me with a bright dimples smile and came over to where I sat.

"Hi." He greeted simply, setting down his bag and sitting down across from me in the booth.

"Hi." I mumbled, looking down at my books so the handsome man wouldn't be able to see my blush.

How the hell is that cute but flirty kid this hunk of a man?

"You look shy." He quietly teased. "I'm not going to hurt you. You don't have to be scared of me, hyung."

If not for that day at the party, I would totally believe that he is a gentle giant.

"I'm not shy." I mumbled. "I just need to study right now."

He smiled, nodding understandingly. "Okay. I'll be quiet then."

So he said, but it really wasn't just him being quiet that I needed. I also needed him to stop looking up at me every minute or two, and just...generally not be here.

He's too handsome. Just his presence is a distraction.

"You're staring."

My eyes widened and I jumped a little like I'd been scared out of a trance whenever he spoke. I blushed and quickly looked down, making him chuckle at me.

"You're really a lot different offline, hyung." He said with a genuine, soft smile before he looked down at his books, seemingly working on some homework.

Knowing pretty well that I wasn't going to get anywhere with studying while he was here, I asked, "Do your parents know you're here?"

"Don't mention them." He mumbled back as he wrote something on his paper.

I frowned a little. "You do remember what I said about your parents, don't you? Try to see things from their point of view, okay?"

"I tried that, and I still felt just as angry as before." He said, averting his eyes to glance up at me without raising his head. "They won't notice I'm not there. And they probably aren't home, anyway. They never are when I get home from school."