Chapter 52

This is the last chapter of She's That Paltry. This is the first story I made that was inspired from a personal experience. I hope that this story urged you to always decide what's best for yourself, even when it's difficult. I promise to continue improving to write better. Thank you for reading up to this part.

Live

"I've always thought that you won't be able to handle Jace... 'Cause he's difficult," Lorainne said straight.

She smiled at me again after sipping on her drink. Mannerism na niya siguro ang gaanoon. She looked cool, though. That kind of façade suits her.

"But you two are kinda for each other?" nagging taong ang tono niyon. "You know how to figure out each other's maze because you're both difficult..."

"Gano'n ba ang tingin mo?" natatawa ko pang tanong habang kinukuha ang inumin ko sa mesa.

Bahagya akong rin akong humigop. Nangungunot ang noo niya nang tingnan ako. Medyo naoffend pa yata sa pagtawa ko.

"For your information, that's what everyone sees!" pagmamaldita niya. Kumikibot pa ang kanang kilay. Pinipigilan ko na lang na matawa dahil baka makita niya. "It just fascinates me na tawagin mo lang ang pangalan niya, tumitigil na siya. Did you use sorcery on Jace? He was never like that to Tita Helga," dagdag pa ni Lorainne.

I chuckled at her sentence. Is she for real? Is this even real? This conversation that we're having right now feels so impossible!

"I don't use black magic. I'm not a witch," I said, still holding my laughter.

"Yeah! 'Cause I am the witch!" she rolled her eyes on me.

Nakatakas nang bahagya ang halakhak ko. Hindi man lang siya natinag. Matayog pa rin sa taas ang kilay niya. Pwede niya naman pababain, baka mamanhid.

"By the way, I'll let you convince Jace and Unique to attend my engagement party," she casually said.

Nag-iwas siya ng tingin. Hindi niya man sabihin ay nakikita kong nahihiya siyang sabihing nanghihingi siya ng pabor. Ni hindi niya nga masabing pabor ito.

"Okay, I'll do you a favor," I forthrightly said.

"Wha-" she shrieked but stopped midway.

She's That Paltryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें