I like that idea...

"Set it down right there, please."

I set the faux olive tree where Abigail tells me right next to the crib. We're putting the finishing touches on the baby's room before he arrives in the next few days.

Abby wanted to do things differently this time around. We found out the sex of the baby right away but we didn't start putting the nursery together until this last month of her pregnancy. So here we are three days before her due date finishing up the nursery.

The olive tree was my idea. I bought it as a surprise for Abby. I told her it was a way for the new baby to always be close to his big sister, Olive. Abigail loved it and it took an hour for the tears to stop so we could finish up with the nursery before our friends arrive for a grillout.

"Is that good?" I ask as I step back and wrap my arms around her from behind. I rest my chin on her shoulder and she turns to kiss my cheek.

"It's perfect. Anderson will love it."

She turns in my arms and goes up on her tip toes to kiss me on the lips this time.

"I love it and I love you."

I kiss her back.

"I love you." I pull back so I can place my hand on her stomach. "And I love you, Anderson Michael Miller."

We decided on Anderson in honor of Abby's family and Michael in honor of my father. We both liked so many names and went back and forth on a few options but in the end we decided that for our first son we wanted to honor our family members that are no longer with us.

The room is perfect. The colors are all off white and black with light wood flooring and bookshelves. Abigail picked out some amazing prints of the moon to hang above the crib. I can't wait to see our son grow up in this room, in this house that Abigail and I bought together and made into a home together.

I loved traveling the world with her and I know we still have many more adventures together in our future but I'm very excited for this next chapter. The chapter where we get to settle down and watch our family grow.

And by family I also means our friends, who will all be here in an hour.

"We better get a move on, we'll have a full house soon. Why don't you shower first while I go make sure everything's ready in the kitchen."

She kisses me one last time.

"Thanks. I won't be long."

I know better. She'll take the whole hour but that's okay. I'll just shower in the guest room when I'm done in the kitchen.

An hour later she's still finishing up when the door bell rings so I answer it. It's a very pregnant Kate.

"I have to pee."

I just laugh and quickly move out of the way before she runs me over. Kate and Noah are expecting twins next month. I turn back to the open door just as Noah comes in with little Wyatt in tow. When Wyatt sees me he lets go of Noah's hand and runs up to me with his arms out.

"Uncle Andew!"

He still hasn't mastered the R in my name, and I love it.

"Wyatt!" I yell back as I lift him up and into my arms. He takes both my cheeks in his hands and gives me a noisy kiss on the mouth.

Abigail walks in just then.

"Hey little man are you giving away all your kisses before I get mine?" She leans in and tickles him which throws him into a fit of laughter.

"No, Aunt Abby!"

She stops tickling him and sticks her cheek out and points to it. He obliges her and gives her a nice big wet kiss on her cheek. Then she turns and does the same to him.