I'm in trouble...

It's been over two months since Andrew walked out of my apartment. He hasn't contacted me so I guess he realized that I was right and we weren't meant to be. The only problem is that I can't stop thinking about him and the life we almost had together. I've picked up the phone to call him a million different times but I was never able to work up enough courage to go through with it. I love him and miss him terribly but I still believe that he deserves better than what I can give him.

I've kept in contact with Leo and Emma. And I've emailed and text with Kate, Millie and Lily also. I haven't asked about Andrew, except to see how his dad's doing. Last I heard Michael was declining more and more and the doctors didn't think he had much longer. My heart breaks for Andrew.

Leo and Emma begged me to come to Cincinnati for Christmas and I reluctantly agreed, so here I am back in Cincinnati, sitting in my car outside of their house. I opted to stay in a hotel downtown instead of with them like they wanted because I felt like I needed my own space while I'm here. Plus in all honesty this will be the first time since I left that I'll be around small children and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. Olivia is a toddler now and Wyatt turned one a couple moths ago. Little Amelia turned one today, that's why I came into town early, for Amelia's birthday party tonight. Not only will this be the first time around babies it will also be my first time seeing Andrew.

I'm nervous and second guessing being here. I'm seriously thinking about leaving when I hear my phone beep. When I look at it I see it's a text from Leo.

Get your ass in here.

Well crap. I guess I can't leave now. I check my hair and makeup in the rear view mirror and grab Amelia's gift before getting out if the car. Once out I wrap my coat tighter around me to ward off the chill in the air. There was a decent amount of snowfall early today so now it looks like a winter wonderland but it's cold and slippery so I walk slow to make sure I don't fall. My boots look damn good on but they aren't very practical. I paired the black knee high boots with dark jeans and a black sweater. I wanted to look good the first time seeing Andrew but not like I was trying to hard. It is just a party for a one year old after all.

Before I even make it up the few steps to their house the front door opens and Emma wraps her arms around me in a big hug. We both almost go down but luckily I'm able to steady us and then I hold on to her just as tight. She finally lets go and looks at me.

"Girl, I've missed you. You look amazing."

I smile at her and hold onto her arm as we walk inside.

"Thank you and I've missed you too." She takes the present from my hand so I can take off my coat. "You look beautiful as always."

"Thanks. Let me take your coat and I'll put it upstairs while you go in and say hi to everyone." I trade her my coat for Amelia's gift. "Just set this by the rest in the living room."

Emma walks up the stairs and I take a deep breath before heading into the main living area. Leo's making drinks in the kitchen while everyone else is mingling in the kitchen and living room area. I walk over to him and set the gift on the counter so I can say hello. He quickly stops what he's doing so he can wrap his arms around me in a big hug. He lifts me off my feet and squeezes me until I can't breathe. I can't help but laugh.

"I've missed you, Abs."

I get a little choked up because I realize just how much I've missed him too.

I turn my head and kiss his cheek.

"I've missed you, too."

He puts me down and goes back to making the drinks.

"What can I get you?"

"I'll take a red wine, please."

"You got it."

"Where's the birthday girl."

I look around but I don't see Amelia among the small crowd. Some of our friends are here along with Leo's family, who came in from Chicago. Plus Emma's dad is here. But I still don't see Andrew.

"She just woke up from a short nap. Andrew went up to get her." He turns to me and hands me the glass of wine I asked for. "You ready for this?"

I play dumb. "Ready for what?" I take a sip of my wine as Leo just raises an eyebrow at me and waits. "No, not really."

Just then I hear Andrew before I even see him.

"Here's the birthday girl, all rested and ready for cake and presents."

My backs to him and I stay that way with my eyes closed for a minute and take a deep breath. I feel Leo put his hand on my shoulder so I open my eyes and look at him.

"You've got this."

I nob my head and turn around. Andrew's standing there, looking absolutely delicious in a sweater and dark jeans. He's holding Amelia and everyone's gathered around to say hi to the baby but he isn't looking at any of them.

His eyes are locked on mine and what I see in them, the hurt, the love, the desire, all of it mixed together takes my breath away. 

Oh shit, I'm in trouble.