Its been a long few months...

After my conversation with Andrew at Amelia's party I avoided him the rest of the night. His little speech about my panties both pissed me off and got me wet so I decided it was best to steer clear of him. Honestly, I was surprised and a little hurt that he didn't make an effort to talk to me before I left but I guess that's what I get when I tell him we shouldn't be together.

I spent Christmas day with Leo and Emma and their families. It was nice and I had fun but it was also a depressing reminder that I have no family left of my own. Somehow, I allowed Leo to talk me into staying for the big New Years gala at Cassie's Hope. I wanted to just donate money and go back to Chicago and spend the night alone in my bed but Leo wasn't having any of that. So here I am in the back of an Uber on my way to the party.

Luckily I was able to find a dress that fit without any alterations, it's a strapless black beaded gown with a high slit up one side. I paired it with strappy heals and a black satin wrap to keep me warm. I've left my hair down in waves and chosen to go dramatic with my eye makeup while keeping the rest of my face soft and neutral. Overall, I'm pleased with the look.

My Uber pulls up in front of Cassies Hope and I quickly get out and head inside to where it's warm. They've done an amazing job at decorating for the evening. Everything's gold, black, white and sparkling. I leave my wrap in the coat check area and then stand there remembering the last time I was here.

It was the grand opening and it was the first night I met Andrew. I also remember what happened exactly a year ago tonight after Noah and Kate's wedding. That was the night Andrew came to my hotel room and fucked my brains out for the first time.

"What are you smiling about?"

I turn to see Kate standing next to me in a beautiful gold gown.

"Was I smiling? I didn't realize."

"You most definitely were. Happy thoughts?"

"Just remembering last New Years."

"Ah. I'm guessing you don't mean my wedding, but what happed after?"

I give a little laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah right." She laughs. "He's not here yet."

"He, who?"

She rolls her eyes. "You look gorgeous by the way."

I smile at her. "Thank you. You do too. I love your dress." A waiter comes around with glasses of champagne and I take one. "Where's the rest of the gang?"

"Back this way. Come with me."

I follow her to the other side of the room where Millie, Hunter, Oliver, Lily, Emma and Noah are all huddled together.

Kate goes to Noah's side and he wraps an arm around her.

"Hey everyone, look who I found."

We say our hellos as I give out hugs to them all. The men all look handsome in their tuxes and the women look beautiful in their gowns. Millie's in green while Emma has on royal blue and Lily's in red. They all look stunning as usual.

I stand next to Emma. "Where's Leo?"

"He's off performing host duties. He should be over to join us soon. I'm so glad you agreed to join us tonight. People are loving your wall murals like always."

Each therapy room has a different mural made from one of my photographs. I love that something I made is a part of people's healing process.

"I'm glad."