I know you do...

It's been two weeks since Abigal left and while we've tried to talk on numerous occasions it hasn't always worked out. One of us was busy and unable to talk or her cell phone connection wasn't good and the call would get cut off. We've talked a hand full of times but not nearly enough in my opinion.

I step out of the shower and head into my room to get dressed for the day when my phone starts ringing. I grab it without looking at it, hoping it's Abigail.

"Hello."

"Andrew?"

I stop mid step and immediately feel my whole body tense up.

"Andrew, it's your mother. Are you there?"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'm here."

"How are you? I've missed you."

That makes me mad but I refuse to get into it with her right now.

"I'm good. What can I do for you Rebecca?"

There's a pause. I'm sure that hurt her but she lost the right to be called mom a long time ago.

"Did you give any thought to seeing your father and me? He isn't doing well Andrew and he really wants to apologize and get a chance to know you before he dies. He wants to have a clear conscience when he goes."

I snap.

"What about me? What about what I  want? Why the hell is it my job to make him feel better when he's the one who fucked up?"

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose. Suddenly my head is killing me and I could really use a drink even though it's not even eight o'clock in the morning yet.

"Andrew, I know you have every right to be pissed at both your father and I but we both want to make up for all the wrong we've done. Please give us a chance."

"He's been gone for twenty eight years. He's had plenty of time to get to know me but he couldn't be bothered so why should I give him the satisfaction now? And as for you, mom, you chose your addiction over me a long time ago. You already had your second chance and you blew it."

"You have a half sister."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Your father remarried and him and his wife had a daughter. She's twenty five and her name is Maggie."

What the fuck? The man who left because he couldn't be tied down, the man who wasn't cut out to be a father went off to have a different family. Well isn't that some shit.

"Good for him." And with that I hang up and throw my phone on my bed. I'm pissed off and hurt. I run my fingers through my hair and let out a yell of frustration.

My phone rings and again I answer without looking.

"Look I can't deal with this right now. I'll talk to you later."

"Andrew?"

I close my eyes. Shit. It's not my mom, its Abigail.

"Abigal, I'm so sorry. I thought you were my mom again."

"You talked to her?" I hear the suprise in her voice. "I take it that things didn't go well. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really. I much rather hear how things are going with you."

She hesitates for a minute and I can tell she doesn't want to drop the subject of my mom but she does.

"Today was amazing. I spent the day with a family from the village. A young mother and her three children. They showed me some amazing places to take photos and I got some great shots of the family and the village. Then they invited me over for dinner. I just got back to my room."