CH:32 Because I love you

Two days passed away since the incident of the birthday night. Sasuke kind of got more composed. He was having mixed feelings then. So he thought maybe it better to maintain their personal space for some days. Sakura got busy with her usual doctor life. As for Sasuke he returned to his usual emotion less self. Well this was what Sakura was concerned about. She tried hard to remember what she told Sasuke while she was drunk but her brain was completely blank. Sasuke's this behaviour gave her a feeling as though the wall that was slowly breaking down has been raised again. That evening when she returned home she found Sasuke packing up. There was a fear lingering in her heart that she might be abandoned again . She was scared but she still mustered the courage to ask.

"Sa.. Sasuke kun.....are you leaving..."

"Hn...we have stayed long enough....."

There was a sigh of relief from Sakura when she heard Sasuke say we. That meant they were not gonna be separated he won't be leaving her. But just to be sure she still asked.

"Umm....we are leaving right.."

"Hn..."

There was a pause as Sakura took an air of relief. Sasuke suddenly came near her.

"I promised you after all...."

That was something that Sakura felt good on hearing but something was still buffing her inside. She kind of expected a more Romantic answer. The Sakura before their travel would have been happy but this Sakura is kind of greedy. She wanted Sasuke to choose her not because of some promise but because of hus heart. And the tone in which Sasuke said those words. It felt her as though something was off. She held on to Sasuke's  sleeve. Sasuke stopped in his tracks.

"Sasuke.. Sasuke kun...is something wrong.."

Sasuke stayed silent. Well this was what Sakura worried most. A silent she can't see through.

"Sasuke kun.....last time it....it was a promise that got us together....is it the same this time."

Those words, they made Sasuke's eyes broadned. Yet he had no idea what was the answer. But somehow he felt that may be it was the same this time. A part of him was saying it was a different desire but the other part was stating that Sakura's love is more out of pity than out of something else. Till today she has that fear lingering in her heart. So he should just take her along for the sake of the promise. But in reality that was just a good way to keep Sakura in the village and make her let go. And the last part of his plan arrived just at the right moment. There was a sound of a knock on the door. Sakura who was still holding to his sleeve let him go and went to open the door. There was a Konoha jounin standing there.

"Hi...Hokage sama asked to deliver this scroll to you."

"Hn..Thank you."

She closed the door and came inside. She opened the scroll and read it. A wave of sadness filled her face. Her face seemed really down. Sasuke understood that the last part of his plan is already accomplished. He slowly went near his belongings to pack them up. That's exactly when he heard the sound of weaving hand signs. He turned around and looked as he saw Sakura throwing out fire from her mouth and burning the scroll. He was confused as to what she was doing. Did she saw through him. She threw the scroll to the dustbin. And with the cloak of sorrow still on her face she came near Sasuke. She looked up into his eyes with her watery eyes.

"Is this what you want..."

Sasuke stood there like a statue. Thinking that be underestimated her. That's exactly when Sakura slapped him on his face.

"This is what you want huh. You wanna leave me alone. Why ....why do you do this to me .....why ....is this what I get for loving you......"

Sasuke still stood still without an expression but hiding the pain inside his heart.

"You want to run away from me.....Well you can't Uchiha Sasuke. Because I love you...do you get it ......You married me .....so now even if you go to the grave you are gonna take me along with you ......"

With those words she placed her lips upon his. Sasuke was startled. This wasn't something he expected. Just how stubborn his wife is. That's what Sasuke was thinking.

"Yes I am stubborn and clingy. And yes Uchiha Sasuke you underestimated me.... Because you decided to hurt me ......if you did this before I wouldn't have objected.....but now...I know the meaning of every words your heart says."

"Sakura I ...."

"Now don't you dare say you hate me..... because you can't lie to me ......"

They stood silent for sometime.
Then Sakura spoke up.

"I did say something bad yesterday right..... Something you shouldn't have Heard."

"Not really.....you just said what was in your heart ....."

"So , didn't I ask you to not leave me..... didn't I ask you to stay with me....."

Sasuke thought may be she recalled what happened yesterday but he was soon proved wrong.

"That's what in my heart. I don't want to loose you.... I don't mind if you go all around the world but all I ask you is to be your place to return.....is that too much to ask..."

"You...you don't deserve..."

"I don't want what I deserve....All I want is you.... Because I love you.....I would say it every time you reject me.....I will spend my whole life waiting for you but not a single day knowing that you would go and dive into the same dark life I want to drag you out from. Every time you push me away I will still approach you and I don't do it out of pity or something I do it because I love you. And if loving you means I would suffer rejection all my life then so be it. "

Sakura's teary eyes, trembling voice and shivering body made Sasuke's heart ache. Even he couldn't guess when he fell for someone so deeply. A place to call home a family to return to, all these were beyond his imagination just a few years ago. But now Sakura made him so. Sakura made him want more and more of this unknown warmth. Yet he is scared if he could really protect her. If he could give her what she deserves. All these thoughts at that moment we're suddenly pushe back and a feeling of grabbing this moment Even though it's not gonna last forever engulfed him. He wanted her.... even if it wasn't forever. Her tears he wanted to wipe them off and hug her tight. And as if something made him do it. He swiftly went and hugged a crying Sakura.

" I am sorry Sakura..."

Sakura didn't stop crying and held onto him tight. She curled onto his lap.  That moment Sakura desired nothing but that very warmth, that very presence that could soothe her heart. Even if she can't have that presence forever yet she was fine with just one experience of that presence. She can't loose him. The Sakura before might not have been like this but the Sakura now was greedy. Even he has to go someday , even if he has to leave , she wants him to return to only her. That embrace was dipped in love that words cannot suffice, it was tangled in an infinite thread of an unbreakable connection.