CH:30 Sakura's birthday

Sasuke totally considered Sai's idea of making Sakura's birthday memorable. After all he gave Sakura so much pain through the years and this was the first time he would do something good for her. But the excitement floating around his friends made it obvious to him that he might actually not get the chance to do the work of a single penny in Sakura's birthday. As much as he knew Sakura's blonde friend Ino was in charge of decoration and Choji and Shikamaru in charge of food and the rest were into bringing gifts. Where as he himself was asked specially by Naruto to not worry and just chill out. But that was the only thing he couldn't do. Sakura spent the few days of their being home in the hospital only. She would often return late or in most cases she woi return at all. And at times Sasuke had to carry an tired Sakura home in the middle of night. It seemed as though Sakura had piled up a lot of work during het absence. Well in a way Sakura's busy days gave her friends a chance to prepare for her birthday. As for Sasuke he would mostly spend his days training or wondering around the village searching foe a good birthday gift to Sakura. And in the blink of an eye a week already passed away and it was already Sakura's birthday. Sasuke had still not decided on a gift. That morning Sakura again left the house in a hurry to the hospital. She was greeted with lots of gifts and flowers bouquets. Even when she entered her office Ino and the other staff members all greeted her happy birthday. She really wanted Sasuke to be the first one to wish her that year but sadly she had to rush to hospital due to an emergency in hospital. But she kind of took her gift already . After she woke up she had already stolen a kiss from Sasuke as her birthday present. The day was full of hustle and bustle all around the Sakura.  That noon while she was greeted by many of her friends in the hospital she still missed Sasuke in particular that day. But she thought maybe Sasuke dosent know that it's her birthday . But it was fine with her because Sasuke's presence itself was enough for her. But all her thoughts were proven wrong by Naruto that noon. When she finished an operation that noon and was heading to het office. She heard the Yellow headed idiot shouting for her. She turned around to punch him for making noise in the hospital but the scene shocked her . Sasuke was standing just infront of her. And behind him was a gleaming Naruto. She thought she saw a tint of he'd on Sasuke's face but then it might be her hallucination because currently she was extracted bewildered on Sasuke's sudden presence.

"Sa..sa .... Sasuke kun."

Sasuke was standing like a statue there. That's when Naruto broke the awkward silence.

"Oi oi...Sakura chan...teme was training pretty hard. He almost fainted on me..... wouldn't it be better if you give him a check."

With those words he pulled both of them and locked them in the office. Sasuke was pissed on Naruto's meticulous behaviour. Now they were all alone in one room in an isolated corridor. So the chance of someone opeaning the door was seemingly less. Sasuke could have used his space time ninjutsu but a part of his heart resisted the idea. That's when Sakura spoke up.

"Umm...you can ...let me treat your wounds and fatigue..."

"Huh.."

"I ..I mean you were training right...so ..."

"Am fine... what the robe said was rubbish..."

"Hmm.."

There was a moment of silence..

"Sakura..."

"Yeah..."

Sasuke came near her.  He leaned down to her ear and spoke in a low voice first.

"Happy Birthday Sakura.."

Sakura's pupils broadned and her breath and heart both stopped for the moment. That's exactly when Sasuke went near her and quietly place his lips on her soft white neck. Sakura had lost her mind that moment. Sasuke now held his hand and looked directly into her eyes that were gently embedded in her now Rose Red face.

"We....we are even now."

That moment Sakura realised that Sasuke knows about her theft that morning. This realisation was enough to make her legs loose their strength. She fell on her knees unable to hold her emotions.Sasuke got a slightly worried.

"Sakura..."

"Sas...sa.. Sasuke..k..kun."

"Are you ok..."

"Hmm..."

"Can you get up...."

"My feets .....lost their power..."

Sasuke wore a gentle smile. And leaned against her.

"Then are you..... fine with us not getting up."

Sasuke got carried away in the moment. Even though he decided to take it slow it was still hard for him. Just when Sasuke was going to loose his control there was a creak sound. That was the sign that suddenly brought both of them to senses. The door opened and Ino jumped in.

"Sakuraaaaa.....your shift is over....lets ......"

That's when Ino saw A blushing Sakura standing facing the wall and she suddenly noticed Sasuke facing the window. She realised that she barged in at a wrong time.

Uh...I am sorry...you guy can continue.... sorry to bother...

She was hurriedly gonna leave. That's when Sakura stopped her..

"Ino....let's go... Sasuke kun...I ....hope...your fatigue ....it's gone now.."

"Hn"

With that they went away. Sakura was still blushing hard.

"Sakura....looks like you were receiving your present."

"Huh...it's nothing...ok..."

"Well the mark on your Neck dosent say it's nothing.."

"Huh ...."

"She put a hand in her neck..."

"Shut up Ino pig.."

"It's ok .....it happens...."

Ino gave her a gentle smile. She was still flushed on the recent happenings. That evening they all celebrated Sakura's birthday in the Senju park. It wasn't grand but it was really wonderful. The aura of joy and happiness was all around them. The Konoha 11 has now gathered all together. The only one missing from the team was their genius Hyuga Neji. Yet his presence was still lingering in all their hearts. The evening was full of celebration. But the end was a bit too pompous. There was a drinking competition. And leaving Sasuke and soon to be mom's literally every one was almost completely drunk. The party ended. Sasuke escorted Hinata home carrying Sakura on one side and Naruto on the other side . He left Naruto and Hinata in their home . And carried a drunk Sakura. Sakura was completely senile then. She even vomitted a few times. Although the case got more awkward for Sasuke as he laid Sakura on the bed.

 Although the case got more awkward for Sasuke as he laid Sakura on the bed