CH:27 Spring

The spring of the previous year she didn't expect that the spring of this year would ever come. That day when she got Sasuke's letter the warmth she felt from that letter was something she would always lock within her heart. It was soon going to be Naruto's anniversary. It was just last year during this time when Sakura was all alone envying other couples. And this spring she was with the man she loved. They were near Konoha after walking for ages. It was already months since they both started traveling. With every day they experienced a new side of each other. They learnt many new things with each other . Sakura now knew that even Sasuke's silent 'hn' has more emotions and words than she can grasp. She now knew that the great Sasuke Uchiha also likes warm hugs . She now knows that Sasuke has more emotions than he can express and she can see. She now knows how dear his brother was to him. She even knows how he was in the dark all those days ago. This was the fresh information she had though. Well it was a few days ago while they were resting for a bit under the warm afternoon sun on the grassy fields. Sasuke had laid down on the grass and Sakura was enjoying the view when a gust of fresh spring wind surrounded them. That breeze carried Sasuke's words to Sakura's ears.

"Sakura ...."

"Yeah....us there something..."

"Do you wanna go home..."

"Huh ...why so sudden....."

"Ummm..humm.. just that...I thought you might wanna see you friends."

"I do miss them....but there is no hurry. I enjoy being with you."

She looked towards the settings sun. The breeze fondled her cherry blossom hair. Sasuke was now always smitten by this beauty. She was never a part of his sin rather she was the best thing that happened to him .

"Hey Sasuke kun.....if we are going home shouldn't we have our own house. My apartment might be too small for us."

"I can ask that dobe to look after that..."

"Ummm..if you don't mind can you tell him to renovate the Uchiha compound. "

"Huh"

"I want to spend my days with you in that place where you spent the the best part of your childhood. That place kind of holds all the moments where you laughed from your heart"

" It is demolished long ago..."

"Oh.....then can we not rebuild it"

"I will write to that dobe about that....but I .."

"Don't worry too much about it .....I don't wanna annoy you..if it's not possible then then we can just have a good house where we can live in peace....and we are not living forever there either ."

"It's ok....It dosent annoy me...."

There was a pause between them. Sakura laid down beside him. She looked into his eyes.

"I am happy everywhere as long as it's with you Sasuke kun."

Sasuke smiled on her beautiful face. The spring breeze has carried the soft bloomed cherry blossoms to them.

"Sakura.....I...I don't really have very fond memories in the Uchiha compound."

"Huh....I don't think so...."

He looked at her face that was now facing the sky.

"That's where you spent time with your father and mother. I have never met them but I know that they must have really loved you. And....I ...I once read about your brother. Most of the information is confidential but....I somehow managed to read it...."

"So do you...."

"I know....to say the truth...at first even I hated him for turning your life to hell then a certain someone told me that he was someone who loved you far more than anyone. I don't know but I am grateful to him now. He was a lot more than a shinobi....no...a Hokage can ever be..."