EPILOGUE

"Here's your coffee,"

I didn't look at the waitress as she put a coffee on the table, I just nod at her. I'm busy typing on my laptop, and I'm tired.

Then earlier, katatapos lang maayos lahat ng gamit sa bagong condo na nilipatan ko, masyadong malayo 'yung penthouse ko sa law firm, ang hassle kung nag stay pa 'ko kaya naghanap ako ng condo na malapit lang.

I stopped typing, I leaned on the chair and sighed as I heard my phone ring beside my laptop. I swiped the screen without looking at the caller ID.

"Atty. Nicus?"

"Speaking," napailing ako after 'kong makilala ang boses niya, may kailangan nanaman siguro 'to. I rolled my eyes then opened the loud speaker. I tapped my fingers on the table, waiting for him to talk.

I heard he breath heavily. "A new client, they need a good lawyer, naka leave kasi ako e, need na daw ngayon kaya ikaw 'yung ni-recommend 'ko."

"To whom?" I adjusted my reading glass.

"Margaux Sarmiento."

Napatigil ako sa pag-tap ng fingers sa table and napatulala sa coffee ko na hindi ko pa iniinom.

Margot? Alyson's friend?

"Hello? Nicus to earth, nand'yan ka pa ba?"

"Yeah," I answered him, my brows arched. Hindi niya nakilala na si Margot 'yon? Maybe he only knows her by her nickname.

"Yon, akala ko tatanggihan mo nanaman ako e," Enzo laughed on the other line.

"I didn't say yes." reklamo ko. I closed my laptop and put it inside my briefcase. I also removed my eyeglasses.

"No choice ka, nasabi ko na para 'di ka mag back out." He teased and laughed in a while then naging seryoso na siya. "Anyways, nagsend ako ng info about her, check mo nalang sa email."

I ended the call. I stood up, took my black blazer hanging on the chair, and went outside. I felt my heartbeat racing, I know there is a possibility we'll see each other again.

Or maybe not. She's always telling in her interview, I'm a busy person. I shrugged, I shouldn't think about that.

I ran towards my car and start the engine. Gladly, the coffee shop was near to the police station so after five minutes I arrived.

I opened the glass door and went inside. Napadiin ang hawak ko sa briefcase, I'm right, she's here. I saw her, panicking. Did she know that I'm coming?

"Why Marcus—"

I stopped to walk and interrupted her. "It's Attorney Marcus Guillermo," I said with a blank expression on my face.

She turned her back to face me, her gray eyes looked to mine. I stared into her eyes, I could see a fit of anger, shock, and scared in her emotion.

I didn't control myself so I say this, "Don't believe in person who says that she'd be always by your side when you feel alone but what happened? Why weren't she there? Right Als?"

I hate being alone, she knows that. I still remember how she accused me, cheating on her. I didn't cheat on her. She doesn't even want my explanation back then.

I licked my lower lip, I shouldn't blame her now, it's past. I'm sure she moved on and... I'm not and I will not.

She blinked, her lips parted. I saw her hands, still trembling. "Sorry? Who are you again? Mico? Marco?" She looked away and turned her gaze back to her friend.

"Tsk." I scoffed and walk away in front of her. I heard she tells my name earlier then she's acting like he didn't remember me?

What a shame.