Unable to speak coherent words as she felt the panic begin to rise in her throat all over again, Vena simply pulled away a bit, Xiao's confused eyes following her hands as they moved shakily towards her skirt.

Being sure to lift it just enough to see the entirety of the mark Scaramouche had left upon her fragile skin at the top of her thigh, the girl shied away awkwardly, practically feeling his sharp stare as she watched his jaw go rigid out of the corner of her gaze.

He'd clearly put most of the pieces together with just taking note of how high the burn was up on her thigh, and with how hysterical she had gotten just prior to showing it to him, and he was very obviously trying to control his anger at the moment.

"He- he didn't.... do anything besides the burn. Childe actually heard me scream and came in to- stop him." She reassured with the fakest of smiles and a hiccup, now worrying about trying to comfort him as she noticed his entire body stiff with rage even though he had his same old usual poker face, trying his best to stay calm.

He'd promised he'd never willingly harm another human being unless the situation was life threatening, and even though she was safely sat in front of him now, he struggled to resist the urge to leave and hunt the Harbinger down.

Usually he was able to control his emotions quite well, but he'd never felt a rage like this before, and it was taking every ounce of his restraint to keep his cool, his true feelings only really showing in the stiffness of his muscles, which Vena had come to realize weeks prior.

That even when his face may be devoid of his current emotions or thoughts, his body language sometimes had a habit of giving him away.

"Xiao, I'm okay. He didn't-" Trembling hands reached out to touch his shoulders, only to be grasped firmly by his own before they reached their destination, the sudden movement causing the girl to flinch unintentionally.

Although despite his anger, his hold still remained gentle, just the movement had caught her off guard.

"I will break-" Sharp amber orbs settled on her own, catching her attention as she stared back.

"Every bone in his body for what he's done to you." The Adeptus was speaking each word with emphasis, proving the intent behind his words as she felt a chill sliver up her spine.

She personally wasn't afraid of Xiao in the slightest, but this side of him- the side Scaramouche had awakened- made her scared for the Harbinger, even though she shouldn't bother for his well-being at all. He deserved any possible misery that would potentially come his way after what he'd done.

There was no doubt in the back of her mind that Xiao didn't mean exactly what he'd said, but even still, she didn't want him to be angry on her behalf.

"You can't risk what he might to in retaliation to Aether if you harm him. He isn't worth it anyway, and you shouldn't do something like that on my behalf. You're gentle, Xiao. Don't let him make you lose sight of that." She softly spoke as she took his face between her hands, making sure his eyes remained on her own to ensure he was listening to her words.

"I am a weapon to be used to destroy evil." Obviously, he wasn't listening hard enough.

Vena knew this was the anger talking, but she couldn't help but roll her eyes at his response. Of course he'd say something like that at a time like this.