29 - Like a Bad Dream

Börja om från början

"I understand. Thank you for telling me," Jonathan replied, flashing another smile before he finally left the room with a sigh. He stood behind the door for five seconds before, without saying anything he soon started walking to Fyre's room. When he finally arrived, he knocked a few times twisting the door open just a little to announce that he's coming in and did when he had gotten permission.

"Perfect timing, Jonathan. Tian Zi has something to tell you," As soon as he stepped inside, he saw Fyre and Tian Zi on the couch sitting across each other with a serious expression. It looks like the two are about to bicker again so he ever so slightly shook his head and headed to sit next to his childhood friend.

"What is it?" Jonathan asked with a serious expression. His face was telling that something had happened, so before Tian Zi could reply, Fyre frowned and called Jonathan.

"Hey, did something happen to you and Remi?" Fyre asked, worriedly. He wasn't particularly worried about Jonathan and instead he's worried about his Older sister. She may act strong but she's actually very delicate deep inside because just like her, he was the same. Both of them were used to hiding their pain because they simply didn't want to cause trouble to anyone. 'Are they not okay after all?' Fyre thought worriedly, waiting for the Alpha to answer.

"No, nothing... she just asked me to check you out," Jonathan replied. He doesn't seem to be lying but it also doesn't seem he's telling the whole truth. Seeing this, Fyre didn't insist anymore and just nodded because clearly, whatever problem he had with Remi, he didn't have the right to intervene. True, at times he gets carried away but he's doing his best to be less impulsive and reckless in his decision-making.

"So, what is it that you want to tell me?" Jonathan asked this time and faced Tian Zi and then Fyre.

"I found something that might help you break off your engagement to Margarette," Tian Zi replied to which as soon as Jonathan heard him, his eyes slightly brightened as he focused all his attention on his friend waiting for the follow-up information.

"I don't know if you knew already but I think Margarette and your sister have a relationship or at least a sexual relationship," Tian Zi replied with a serious expression. Meanwhile, when Jonathan heard his friend, a sudden realization came to his mind and he sighed. He only has one sister who is only interested in women and that is Marjorie. Marjorie Wood was also quite a player but unlike him, all her relationships are purely just sexual relationships and there are a few of his lovers who became his sister's partners as well.

"It's probably just sexual. Marjorie had always been like that... anyway, thanks for telling me Zi," Jonathan replied with a sigh. He really appreciated the help but he strongly doubted this could be a strong enough reason to break off his engagement to Margarette because, in the beginning, he's not marrying for love. What would it matter if his fiance had a relationship with someone if the marriage purpose was to combine the family's power? Even if it was his sister, it's very easy to keep this out of public as well.

"Why aren't you happy? Can't we use this to break off the engagement?" Fyre asked dejectedly.

"I'm not sure. Margarette and I  aren't marrying for love in the beginning. If this comes out, both families are just going to hide this and go on with the wedding," Jonathan explained with another sigh while Tian Zi nodded, already expecting the possibility.

"Don't worry, I'll try and find more effective ways. For now, I can use this to delay the official engagement. Thank you so much again for helping me," Jonathan added. Meanwhile, Fyre and Tian Zi listened silently. They had nothing more to add so they kept silent sitting there awkwardly until it was time for the gala.

As usual, the gala ran almost the same as the morning gathering. There were individuals who gave speeches to congratulate the newlyweds. The program was a combination of modern and royal gala so there were people dancing at some point, the guests also joined in after the bride and the groom. It was a happy event that even Fyre and Remi were forced to join in the ball dance even though both of them knew nothing when it came to dance.