46- Family

Sage.

"No, Atlas Bressett, darling"

Atlas Bressett... No. How do they know?

"And you're going to do it." The left corner of his lip turns up into a smirk. There's no way in hell. Even if Atlas hates me, I will never get myself to kill him. Even if it meant leaving my family. Because family can eat shit. A family that was supposed to love me, would not put me through the hell they are putting me through now. Family isn't having the same blood, it is far more than blood. Atlas is my only family. The only one who I truly love.

But we will both get killed if I refuse. So acting it is. Until I find a solution for Atlas and I, Atlas is my next target. Or so they will think.

"Sure, don't even know why you're calling him my loverboy in the first place, don. Except for our childhood together, I in no way have any contact with him whatsoever." I lean into my chair, crossing my legs and lighting a cigarette. With slow puffs of it, I wait for Juan to respond. I know I promised myself I wouldn't smoke anymore, But who cares anyway?

We're all going to die at some point.

"Guess Douglas was wrong" He takes a sip of his whiskey. But he doesn't let the brown coloured drink relax him, he instead stares right into my soul through the glass. We keep eye contact until he sets it down. It might've not been the best idea to teach me how to lie, because now, he can't see through them. I take another puff of my cigarette and slowly breathe it out, thinking of all the ways I'm going to kill Douglas with my bare hands.

"Is that all, uncle?" He looks me up and down, still trying to see if I'm lying or not. Of course he can't, I'm the best of the best. "I don't want to see any signs of his existence by tomorrow. Close the door behind you"

I stand up, blowing the nicotine filled air one last time in Juan's face. My red heels tick on the floor as I make my exit.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

It took me exactly three steps before I made it out of Juan's office. I nod at the guards, making them open the doors.

Tick.

The doors slam shut. But I can't breathe. Not until I put that disgrace of a boyfriend back in his place.

----------------------------

"Douglas."

He turns his head to face me but keeps his mouth shut. I already had my right hand placed on my pride and joy; my knife.

Tick.

I take a step towards him.

Tick.

I discreetly grab my knife out of its brace.

Tick.

I come close enough to turn him around and grab his chin with my left hand, allowing me to put my knife against my victim's neck. His face gets pushed upwards, making him look up at me. I smile as I look down at him.

Not so tough anymore now, are we?

"What's your fucking problem?" He spits in my face.

"You, babe" I keep on looking down at his face, enjoying how the smooth wood of my knife feels in my hand and how the sharp metal edge feels against his skin.

He tries to get out of my hold by squirming in his seat. No way in hell I'm letting that happen. So I push the knife a little firmer into his skin, barely not cutting into it.