32 - Sparks

a/n: There will be a few POV changes, so pay attention! :)

Dominic.

One big fat groan makes its way past my lips. Jeez, that waking up was hard isn't any news, but this is next level. A minty smell makes its way into my nose, bringing back my senses. But I keep my eyes closed, feeling the bright sunlight dance on my skin.

Did I sleep in?

I also gain feeling in my hands and arms, my legs and feet, and everything in between.

Since when do I sleep on my back?

I hold my breath, blowing up my cheeks, as the realization dawns on me. I keep my eyes squeezed shut remembering the events from the battle. It is unusually quiet. Am I in heaven?

"Dominic, Dominic?! Oh my fucking shits, someone get in here! He is having some type of weird seizure!" A woman's voice booming through the peace and quiet, completely forgetting about my assumption of whereabouts. "He is drowning in air?! NOT POSSIBLE? I TELL YOU WHAT LADY, HE IS HOLDING HIS FUCKING BREATH- CALM DOWN?" The voice does sound familiar though. "SOMEONE STOP ME OR THIS IS GOING TO END IN THIS HOSPITAL, LITERALLY, WITH YOU IN THE GODDAMN BED!" That was all I needed.

"Tate?" I groan, slowly opening my eyes and letting all the air out in one big exhale.

"Dominic!" She storms over to my bed and appears in my vision. "You, Dominic Ortega, are going to die tonight."

"That so?" I smile weakly. "Even though you're lesbian, you wouldn't even kill me, because that would be a waste. You can't even deny it."

Tate suddenly hugs me. "God, we were so scared we lost you." Confusion clouded my face and mind.

"What do you mean?" I wince while pulling back from the hug, taking my time to first look around. I am in the fucking medical wing?! My eyes widen and I look at Tate. "Did I die?"

"You really aren't the brightest star in the sky, huh?" Tate smiles softly, but my questioning gaze urges her to continue. She sighs slightly. "David found you. You-" she inhales a ragged breath. "You- They couldn't find a pulse, or least a weak one. And- And he called me and I was not going to let you die" she chuckles slightly, dismissing the small pools swimming in her eyes. "And we were busy with the resuscitate thing and you just died on me. Then I shouted in your face and you decided not to die yet."

My mouth hangs open. "I died?" All hope in Tate's eyes disappears. "I fucking died?!" A big grin spreads on my face.

"I saved the dude and all he thinks about is dying." Tate huffs under her breath, "Asshole."

The big grin supported my ego like the big bad wolf always wore his. Talking about Las, where is the dude?

"Where is Atlas?" My eyebrows knit together at my still hoarse voice.

Tate falls silent, uncertainty filling her eyes.

"Tate? Where is Atlas?" I repeat, sitting upright.

"I- I- We- Fuck, I'm sorry. We don't know" she lowers her head.

"What do you mean we don't know?" I started to fear the worst.

"He is gone, he is nowhere, we- We don't know Dominic..." Tears start to fill her eyes again.

I just stare at her, my mind racing one hundred miles per hour, trying to find one clue on Atlas. Adrenaline and anger pumps through my veins, focused on finding my best friend.

I swing my legs over the bed. "Get me some goddamn clothes! I am going to find my Heir." I put one foot down and hiss. "Ok, get me a wheelchair first and then I am going to find him." Tate rushed out to get one.