4 - Opening up

Atlas.

Before Dominic dragged me away, I noticed Sage giving me one last glance before she kneeled down to her injured lover.

A boyfriend, what a fucking joke. Insults were roaring inside my head, but at the same time I wanted to return to her and figure out why the fuck she was back in Phoenix again. Of course this shit has to happen to me. Just when I think I have my life together, my best friend who vanished 7 years ago, returns like nothing ever happened.

Fucking bitch. I'm aware of my surroundings again as Dominic shoves me away from him so I'm standing with my back against my black tesla. Which is parked close enough to my club to still be able to hear the goddamn music coming from in there.

''Did you lose your fucking mind in there or what?! When I told you: ' you still want the whore to be able to walk right?', I didn't mean this crap'' Dominic immediately starts lashing out the moment I'm not putting up a fight anymore. ''Speak with that tone to me once more and I'll rip your vocal cords out'' I responded, already annoyed by tonight. Fuck's sake, I didn't need a fucking lecture now.

Dominic shuts up and I spit the remaining blood in my mouth onto the ground. The Motherfucker should be glad I didn't pull my gun out tonight. ''You better clean that shit'' I shot Dominic a glare, turning back to my knuckles which were covered in blood. My white blouse had blood on the fabric as well as I turned around, slamming my fist onto the bonnet. Hitting the tough area repeatedly.

''Are you done?'' I turn back around to face Dominic, catching my breath a bit as oxygen filled my lungs.

''Don't give me that look''

''There's more to it hm?''

''Fuck off, Nic''

''No, No, You're gonna tell me now. Did her boyfriend get angry at you for suggesting a threesome with both of them?'' he started laughing at his own joke. However, it didn't make me laugh at all. Instead, I was silent, staring up at the sky while ignoring the pain in my body. Don't know if it was because of the motherfucker's punches or because of seeing Sage with another guy. Or the fact she returned and probably didn't bother to look for me again. I had so many questions, but thinking of them only made me feel more like shit.

All the pain and hurt I've been through was returning, while I tried so hard.. for so long to shove it down my throat and forget about it. Forget about her. Maybe I'll grant myself this night to release my emotions to Dominic. He knows how it feels to be betrayed or to be left alone to die for.

''Look, all I'm saying is that there's better ways to release your anger. Instead of hitting your baby, you can return home and work out or whatever'' I look at Dominic again, who seems to have been talking for a while already.

''My baby?''

''Your tesla, dumb cunt'' he responded, rolling his eyes. I ignored his dextrous comment, clearing my throat as I stare at him for a moment. Man, I hate opening up about my past with Sage.

''I know I'm handsome, but if you need to fuck right now then I'm not available'' he joked with a cheeky grin plastered on his face. Wanted to punch it off of him way too badly.

''The girl I walked up to tonight was my bestfriend'' I started, instantly getting cut off by Dominic again. Jesus, this guy needs to learn how to shut the fuck up.

''Oh? So you're saying you found a replacement for me and Tate? Redhead aint gonna like that''

''Fucking hell, just shut the fuck up and listen'' I was getting so pissed off. If anyone interrupts me again, things will become ugly. And this time I mean it.

''Me and Sage have known each other ever since we were kids. One night when we were fou-'' and again, I was interrupted.

''Goddamnit, here you guys are! Ya'll should know I probably had the best night ever. This girl offered me a drink and she was fucking hot. She even gave me her fucking number-''

''Tate, shut up. Atlas is going through a cockblock''

''Shut the fuck up, both of you'' I said in anger. They shut their mouths, both looking up at me, waiting for me to continue.

I sighed and snatched the box with cigarettes out of my pocket. Lighting it up, I inhaled and blew the intoxicating smoke out.

''Now you're here. I was telling Nic about my past. Which Also explains the fight in the club''

''Damn. Atlas talking about his past? The cockblock did you good huh?'' Tate and Dominic both started laughing.

I cleared my throat again, fixing my posture as I passed the cigarette over to Nic. ''Me and Sage have known each other for a while already. Ever since we were kids actually'' I started. Tate already had this big ass smile on her face while her eyes were sparkling slightly. ''It's not that wholesome'' I added, sarcasm clearly hinted in my voice, making Tate roll her eyes.

''I was in love with her and on one average night where we'd spend our time looking at the stars. I gathered all my courage and kissed her''

''You sure this isn't wholesome?'' Tate asked, grinning widely. Nic shoved the cigarette into Tate's mouth, almost making her choke. I rolled my eyes. Those two were a bunch of fucking kids. ''You fucking asshole! I'm cutting all your fucking fingers off if-''

"Enough.'' That one word was enough to make them both stop with trying to attack each other.

''Shut that mouth of yours and then I won't shove another one down your throat. Although your gag reflex is shit though, how do you suck dick like that? Cause I let me tell you, mine's quite big''

''I'm a lesbian, son of-''

''I fucking said: enough'' I repeated. They glared at each other before turning their gazes back to me.

''She didn't take it well and shoved me away. It was so confusing and till now, I'm still not sure what went wrong between us. Anyways, I told her to text me when she was ready to talk about it and she never did. Turns out, she just decided to disappear and I haven't seen her since. Until tonight'' when she came back with her fucking 'boyfriend'.

''You must've scared her that much with the kiss that she ended up leaving you. Or you were just a shit kisser'' Nic chuckled. Tate on the other hand, took a step towards me before pulling me into a tight hug. ''What a bitch, we can still go inside to look for her. I'm sure you want answers'' I shook my head. I didn't want to face her again tonight. It would probably get out of hand and I needed time to figure my shit out.

We will meet again though. I'll make sure of it. She managed to leave once without a word, but I'm never letting that happen, ever again.

Tate pulled away from our embrace as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out, checking the caller ID before picking up. Antonio.

''It's not a good timing right now, I'll be home in a moment so don't stress yourself''

''The fuckers stole from us.''