29 - Wooden doors

Atlas.

Even though I'm pissed at Tony, I can't help but be curious about the meeting. I know it has something to do with the Morales of course, but not what. Maybe we are planning an attack, a burglary, maybe something with spies.

I feel a kind of excitement growing inside of me. It has been no secret that the Morales made a come-back and that the world has been restless. And I don't even blame them.

Two of the biggest and notorious mafias, sworn enemies, and the noise it came with. The world is waiting patiently until someone strikes first.

A sensation in my gut tells me they don't have to wait much longer. And I think Antonio feels it too.

No wonder he planned a meeting, inviting only the highest ranks. We can't afford any rats now. We can't afford anything that might give something away. We managed to take the Morales down once, we can put a bullet in someone's head again.

The new heir can't be much of a threat. We killed the first and only child of Juan, the leader, killing the next won't be a problem. It might even be easier. Juan was already cold but dropped ten degrees after the whole son situation. If we kill their heir, he might not even care about it. The only thing he has to do is find a new one and train him.

I'm currently in my Mustang Shelby GT500, looking forward to the meeting. When arrived, I drove into the underground garage. I pulled my chain hanging around my neck from underneath my dark red button-up. I took the elevator up, followed the familiar route and made my way to the largest meeting room.

The guards open the doors, this time without complications. Thank God.

"Members" I greet the people already seated inside and walk over to my chair, while hearing some greetings back. I sit down next to Dominic, Tate is seated next to him.

"Any ideas on what he wants to discuss?" Tate asks.

I sit back and sigh, crossing my arms. "I don't know, I hung up before I could ask."

"An attack?" Dominic joins in.

I turn my head to both of them. "Probably. I don't have a good feeling about it though."

"What do you mean? You expect a war?" Tate looks at me with a burning gaze.

I sigh and throw my head back, completely sitting back. "I don't know."

"A war? Oh, fuck yes!" I turn my head to Dominic. "What? We are silent for weeks now, after that attack on Tate we didn't do shit. Finally some action."

"I agree, usually we are the ones who are the loudest. It isn't like Usoro to step down and watch." Tate immediately agrees.

"Exactly" a voice calls out. Antonio come striking into the room with a few men behind him. "We are going to strike back." He has this sly smirk on his face as he straightens his suit and sits down. "Ladies, gents and whatever you identify as, we are going to war."

Antonio.

"A war?!" Hawk immediately stands up. I chuckle humorlessly and fix my gaze on him.

"A war. Or at least I expect it to be." I pour myself a glass of scotch and take a sip. "If I am correct, Morales is planning an attack on us right now. Or that is what any slightly smart person would do." I put down the glass and lean forward on the table with a smirk. "In order to keep them in check we have to teach them a lesson."

"Don, isn't that a rash decision?" Hawk spoke up again.

Before I could respond to his annoying question, someone already beat me to it. "You are questioning your Don?" I hear the deep voice from next to me say with clear disdain. "Isn't that a rash decision?" Atlas grabbed a glass of scotch as well and narrowed his eyes.