45 - Time, Trust & Loyalty

Antonio.

Trust.

Loyalty.

They're both earned just as easy as it is with breaking them.

I chuckle and fiddle with my ring, dropping my hands as I lift myself up from my seat. Both Atlas and David don't dare to speak up, knowing they've been caught in the action.

Such idiots.

''Leave'' I said, a playful tone hinted in my voice but deep down, I'm disappointed in both of them. Atlas for going behind my back and trying to plan something on my son because otherwise he wouldn't be here. And at David for not knowing better than betraying his friend and Don.

Somehow my crew is starting to lose faith in me and it angers me. I'm not one to be played with and out of all people, they should know that.

''Tony,'' David starts but I shake my head.

''Enough. I'll talk to you two later'' I nod at the door. They glanced at each other and then turned their backs to me, walking out of the doors. They close with a thud and I exhale, shaking my head.

Grayson appears from behind the curtains as his eyes lock with mine.

''It was them, wasn't it?'' I nod and walk over to the table with whiskey. I pour both glasses half-way full and hand one over to Gray.

''I'll talk to them both, don't worry'' I reassured, sipping on the whiskey. He nods, clearing his throat. ''I wanted to tell you something'' I look up at him and grin.

I nod at him to continue which he soon does. ''I'm thankful that you come in contact with me, father. Otherwise I wouldn't have been here, surrounded with all your loyal crewmembers and most of all; you, my father. Neither of this would've been possible if it weren't for you showing up that night.''

His words affected me more than I thought. After all, this was my son. My blood. I smiled at him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. I didn't need to think twice. He was the rightful heir to my empire. I knew I could count on him and my intuition is never wrong.

''We'll rule this world together'' I said, raising my glass.

''As father and son.''

------------------------

Grayson.

They thought they could push my buttons with no consequences?

Ever since I've been announced as the rightful heir, some people have done nothing other than underestimate me. That includes that pathetic imposter Bressett. Or whatever his name is.

He had the balls to enter my room, thinking I wouldn't know? But apparently Tony is still too blind to send him away. For good. He still has some sort of value in here, but the moment I've taken over. The first thing I'll do is remove that parasite.

I know this won't be the last thing him and his friends are going to try out so for now, I'll keep my eyes and ears open at all times. But since there are still quite a few traitors walking and breathing underneath this roof, it's time to show them I'm not just a teenager. Since everyone continues to make me look that way.

At least some of the people in here are wise enough to stand by my side. I'll make this mafia bigger and more powerful than anyone has ever seen before. Something which Bressett boy isn't able to make possible.

My footsteps sound cold above the tiled floor while I make my way through the barely lit hallways. Everyone is having dinner at the moment which is perfect. I'm going to need everyone's attention tonight.