18 - Needy

2 weeks later, New York City.

Sage.

Stepping down the last few staircases which lead to my private plane, I was greeted with the fresh air New York City had around. A few of my men were loading the trunk in from the Mercedes. An arm was wrapped firmly around my waist, pulling me towards the person so I'd be standing with my back against his stiff body.

''No puedo esperar hasta que tengamos nuestra habitación, mi amor'' [ Can't wait until we have our room, my love ] Doug whispered in my ear, caressing the side of my body a bit. I turned to glance behind my shoulder, my eyes meeting his gaze in an instant. Don't really know if I'll have the time to even think about sex during this trip, but I didn't want to ruin the sweet little moment between us.

I gave him a slight smile, turning my head back to the sight in front of me. I released myself out of his grip, walking to the Mercedes as I stepped in. My parents were probably awaiting me at the hotel already, well I can't help my flight got delayed.

During the car ride, Doug had his hand on my thigh, continuing to hike it closer to the edge of my skirt. Men. Always horny and begging for sex like a lost puppy.

Luckily we arrived at the hotel, just as I was about to slap Doug for not having enough patience. He should know not to push me too much during trips like these. Although this wasn't really a 'business trip, I was just obligated to attend this ball which was held as a fundraiser each year.

Our luggage would come soon and brought up to our rooms so I didn't have to worry about that. Doug came after me as I rolled my eyes. We went to collect the pass to our room as we then headed upstairs.

''Sage, come here'' Doug called out as I sighed, I was quite done with him by now.

''Voy a reunirme con mis padres, quédate aquí y mantente ocupado o algo así'' [ I'm going to look for my parents now, just stay here and keep yourself occupied or something ] I didn't even wait to receive a response from him as I already slammed the door closed of our hotel room.

---------------

2 days later, 7:24 pm.

''So, is everything going well with your recovery?'' I held 2 different pairs of earrings in my hands, staring at them both as I was debating on which one I would be wearing for tonight.

Nysa brushed some blush over her chocolate coloured skin, giving it a smooth dash of rose. ''Getting there, the doctor still advises me to take a few naps throughout the day and I need to swallow these pills each night. They're disgusting, to be honest'' it made me laugh as Nysa stuck her middle finger at me.

''Don't worry, tomorrow we can hang around at the pool and order cocktails or something'' Nysa grinned, shaking her head as I smiled. I was so glad she was okay, I would've never forgiven myself if anything happened to her.

''You ladies done already? The earlier we get there, the earlier we can leave'' father stuck his head out at the side of the doorway to Nysa's room, the sight making both me and my best friend laugh. My father wasn't much of a fan of these balls as you could see. His brother might be a mob boss, but my dad always wanted to live a normal life. Very understandable.

''I'm done! You still deciding which one you're gonna wear?'' Nysa taunted while keeping her smug grin on her face. Rolling my eyes, I took the diamond studs and put them on. This one will do.

Nysa winked at me as she then hooked her arm around mine, dragging me out of the room along with her. We arrived downstairs at the lobby where my parents, Doug and a few other family and crew members were already waiting for us. Everyone was dressed for the occasion, each person having their masks by them. Since it was going to be a masquerade ball.