37 - Welcome

a/n: There'll be a lot of time switches (flashbacks)! Pay close attention!! <3

Dominic.

Daughter? Daughter?! What the fuck?

It might not seem like a big deal but the thing is... This woman is psycho. No one else would dare to have a relationship with her, let alone a damn child.

----------------

Flashback. 5 years ago. 2:34 am

Running.

Running from the guys I just scammed. Never thought they'd find out that the only things I was selling them were powdered sugar and oregano leaves. I always chose a time where I knew that they already were high. How would they have noticed?

But they did.

So now I, an 18-year-old teenager that is just about to finish high school and has to take care of his psycho girlfriend all on his own, am running from three guys, all looking like they are around their late 30s, early 40s.

My 'psycho' girlfriend, Christa, isn't really psycho, just has a couple of mental illnesses. One of which is schizophrenia. Making her constantly think that everyone is out to get her and won't let anyone come close to her, except me.

Why me? I don't know.

Everyone stays away from her, even her own family. Because you don't know what she can do if she doesn't trust you. She'll scream till your ears pop, run after you with a knife or even try to poison your food. Trust me. Her Aunt Marie almost died because of that last one. And I am the only one she has, so I decided to leave my own family to take care of her.

But for care you need money which I didn't have, hence I had to start selling fake drugs.

One of the guys, wearing an old jacket and had a musty beard, almost caught up with me just as I bumped into another man. The man was tall and the only thing I could see with help from the single street lamp in that alley was his grey eyes. Sometimes you see people that have blue eyes but in certain lighting they looked grey, but his, his eyes were only grey. No bluish or greenish tones to be found.

The three guys behind me stop right in their tracks. I turn my head, my life flashing before my eyes, thinking that they stopped because they were going to kill me. But they didn't. They stopped because they were going to be killed.

And I was the one who was going to do it.

----------------

Present time.

We always used protection. Always. How the hell did this happen? It can't be mine. But no one else in the right mind would have sex with this fucking woman.

"You left me, Dominic. You left your daughter." Christa breaks my line of thoughts. My daughter? It can't be.

In my peripheral vision I see Atlas laughing. That little fucker.

"I don't have a daughter" I snapped back at her.

"You sent me off to a mental institute in Los Angeles just so that you could work with criminals? You left me and your daughter to work at some kidnapping scheme?!" It was like she didn't even hear what I said. She didn't snap back telling me that I do, infact, have a daughter. She was still living in the past.

A place I never want to go back to.

------------------------

Flashback. 5 years ago.

"So you're the guy who is selling fake drugs on MY streets and MY guys," The man with grey eyes spits in my face.

At this point, I didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth. It seemed as if I'd be dead anyways. So instead, I stood straight and kept eye contact with the grey eyes.