8 - What if?

Atlas.

I hate her.

Hit.

I hate that café.

Hit.

I hate this city.

Hit.

I hate all of this.

Hit. Hit. Hit.

"You might want to slow down, Las.'' I hear Dominic from behind me, but I chose to ignore it. I called Dominic and we met at the main gym of Usoro's base right after my lovely encounter with her.

Hit.

"Bro, do you actually want to break your hands?'' I ignore him again.

Hit.

''Hellooo. Anyone home? Shit, so Tate was correct when she said your hearing was getting worse.''

"Can you shut the fuck up and leave me alone?'' I hiss while turning around.

''Damn, what has been the cause of my pretty princess' great mood today?'' he said while rolling his eyes.

''Nothing, now shut up and go away.'' I turn back to punching bag again.

''Ah, when you think he's cold, he always drops a few degrees more for you. Miracles never cease. What happened?''

I start repeatedly hitting again. ''Nothing, like I said.''

''It's that Sage girl, isn't it?'' I freeze and ball my fists.

''What'd you say?''

''That girl from the club, which you attacked the boyfriend of. That girl from seven years ago. Your ex-childhood best friend.'' My fist tightens and my knuckles turn white.

''Don't say her name out loud.''

''Fuck, she really did you dirty, didn't she? Man, never thought a woman would have such power over the stone-cold Atlas.''

That's when I lost it. I stormed over to him and lifted him with both hands by his collar against the wall looking straight into his eyes, warning him not to fuck with me right now.

''When I say you shut up, you do. When I say there is nothing, there is nothing. When I say you do not say something out loud. You. Don't.'' I tightened my grip slightly. ''And you, of the many people, should know that if you do not listen, there will be consequences'' I said with a slow, bone-freezing tone through gritted teeth. Dominic stared back with slightly shocked eyes. He knew I had a short temper, but I've never lashed out at him like this before. And I noticed it too. ''Fuck.''

And of course, I fucked up. 1-0 for life. Again.

Suddenly I felt hands around my biceps. Four arms were pulling me away from Dominic,letting him slide to the ground. One of the trainers who works here, his name was Mason, immediately runs to the side of Dominic to check if he is ok. Then he turns around to me

''What were you thinking?! Holding him against the wall like that, did you lose your goddamn mind?!'' he says as he raises his tone at me, anger dancing in his eyes. He should know better than this, screaming at the heir of his Don.

He just raised his tone at you Atlas, do something about it.

But I couldn't. I was too taken aback about what I just did. 'What were you thinking?!' his voice echoed through my mind. I tried to ignore it. 'Holding him against the wall like that'.

Stop.

'Did you lose your goddamn mind?!'

Shut up.