56 - Luke Maybank pt.1

Start from the beginning

She just nodded solemnly "he's very lucky to have friends like you"

I shifted uncomfortably, knowing that we haven't been the greatest friends to him. Maybe if none of that argument shit ever happened then he wouldn't be sat in a hospital bed right now..

______________________________ later that evening

{ JJ POV }

Money.

How the hell am I ever gonna be able to afford the cost of all this? I'll be indebted for life. That's only assuming my father doesn't put me out of my misery first.

"Wassup J-"

"-oh shit!" I jumped out of my skin. I didn't realise there was someone else in here.

"Kie?" I said, turning to face a beautiful, warm girl with tussles of curly hair and big chocolatey eyes.

"Morning sleepy head" she smirked

"It's morning?" I asked

"No, but you sure did have a good slumber" she mentioned

"H-how long have you been here?"

"Mm... about an hour, didn't wanna wake you up" she said

I nodded "hey uh.. thanks for you know coming up as much as you can. It uh- it means a lot to me" I smiled warmly at the girl I've loved for years.

"Oh no, I'm only here just waiting for you to die" she said, turning back to her sarcastic self.

"Already did" I spoke, and for the first time in a while a genuine smile lot up my ghostly pale face.

"I'm surprised you didn't-" she was cut off by a deep voice.

"-Hey kid"

My breath hitched as terror began to twist my insides.

He came swinging in, and Kie backed away into the corner of the room. I'm glad that someone knows protocol.

She knew that Luke Maybank meant bad news. Always.

I tried to subside my anger seeing as I didn't't want to create any risks for myself or Kie.

I'm not even gonna attempt at fighting him because I know it'll fail, I'm laid in a hospital bed with thousands of machines attached to me.

"Hey dad" I croaked out, it's so impossible to tell how he's gonna react. I'm already a mess afterall, he can't exactly do much worse to me. Plus we're in a public place, a hospital. Lots of witnesses, one right here in the room with me.

"How you doing kid?" He asked tonelessly, this made it difficult for me to figure his motive. What kind of answer would he like to hear?

"Uh..."

"Hospital called me and said you were in a critical condition. You seem fine to me" he came so close to my face I could feel his hot breath.

My jaw twitched, itching to have a verbal outburst and call him out for the living hell he put me through. I nearly fucking died!

I tensed as he placed a hand on my shoulder. He tightened his grip until it became uncomfortable, he then leaned down to whisper into my ear.

"This is gonna cost us a fucking fortune, boy! How on earth do you always fuck up so bad, huh? Every goddamn time"

"I didn't ask for any of this to happen, "your the one who sent the fucking phsyco after me!" I snapped, giving up with holding back the anger.

How dare he show up here and pretend to care. He caused all of this.

"I hope you enjoyed your little vacation here, because your gonna have to work your ass off to pay for this" he seethed, completely ignoring what I had just said.

"You want me to pay? How about you get your lazy ass up and pay for your mistakes, eh? Honestly dad, you shoulda thought about that before getti-"

As usual the first punches came unexpected. But instead of hitting me, it collided against the pillows besides me.

I flinched and my eyes widened in fear.

I saw Kie rise up from her seat to see what had happened.

"Your lucky I don't pummel your face in, boy!" He hissed, obviously not caring that Kiara was here.

"Alright get out!" She demanded, recognising the situation at hand.

"Excuse you. Who do you think you are bitch? That's my son, so quite frankly I can do whatever I like" he turned to her

Kie stood her ground "fuck you" she let out a hollow laugh "you really call yourself a father?"

He released a low rumbling growl.

I started to grow concerned for her safety "Kie..." I warned

"No, no seriously. Hear me out" she continued "do you realise how much you've damaged your son? What kind of a father bea-"

In one quick sweep to the head she was on the floor.

"Dad, stop!" I yelled, as he advanced on her. I struggled against all the tubes, trying to rip them out of me.

"Shut up" he hissed, turning back onto me, the evil glowering in his eyes. He slammed me back into the bed and pressed down on my chest.

The pain was almost unbearable, I began to wheeze as he was pushing all the air out of my already damaged lungs.

"Leave JJ alone you sick, twisted asshole" she yelled, trying to get him to go after her instead.

For some jacked up reason I couldn't help but break into a manic laugh at the face my dad made, and at Kie's indignant tone. Some part of me thinks it's funny, but it isn't. It fucking isn't.

He continued to zone in on me, grabbing my neck with such a force I was hauled off the mattress. All the tubes and wires were immediately ripped off my skin causing me to scream out in pain.

"You fucking ruin everything!" He shouted in my face, but his yells started getting muffled as I began to see a yellow haze. Kie's shrieks and dad's threats were getting foggier and foggier.

And then everything went black again.
Fucking great. I need a break, I need a break so fucking bad...

This poor kid, honestly... ✋ It never fucking ends for him.

#justiceforJJ