20 - Break in

{ JJ POV }

I looked around desperately for somewhere to hide, there wasn't much in this tiny battered room, so I threw myself under the broken bed.

I heard banging on the front door. Why would my dad bang the door? Surely he would just come straight in. Unless...

Maybe it's not my dad.

I stayed silent as the banging continued when finally the door broke down.

"WHERE THE HELL IS HE!?" I heard a familiar voice shout.
"LUKE GET YOUR ASS IN HERE"

"JUST RELAX! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BREAK DOWN MY DOOR!?" my dad yelled.
"I don't give a fuck about your door! Is he in here?" The guy asked.
"He shouldn't be"
"I already checked that little house you were telling me about Luke, there's no one there" he exclaimed.

I quickly got up and locked my bedroom door and than slid back under the bed.

"So he could be in here" the man started rampaging through the house and opening every single door he went past. Until he was standing outside my room.

"Is this his room" He asked my dad.
"Yep"

The door knob rattled.

"Shit it's locked, he must be in there"
"HEY BLONDIE, OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" The man screamed, slamming himself against it.

I recognised the voice as Barry's.

I had no idea what to do. I could stay here and see what they want or I could make a run for it before the door breaks down.

"Open the damn door! And if you don't than I'll just make it worse for you" Barry threatened.

"STOP" I yelled and I slowly got up.
"What the hell do you want from me, Barry"
"Open the door and you'll see"

I hesitated. I have three options: Run now, open the door, or wait for them to break it down.

"You have 5 seconds to answer before I break down this fucking door!"
"Ok I'll open it but first tell me what you want"

"That's not how it works kid, you do what we say not the other way around"

I put my head in my hands. Of course, what else was I expecting.

"Son, open the door and I swear to you it won't be that bad" My dad spoke
I shook my head.
"You don't get to call me that!" I snapped back.
"What do you mean? Your are my son!" He was acting totally oblivious.

"You know exactly what I mean" I snarled
"Yeah that your my kid" he exclaimed.

"No, I'm not. I don't think father's beat their sons to a point where they're knocked out" I griped.
"So don't try and ever call me your son again! Because you are not my father!" I raised my voice and slammed my fists on the door.

He sighed
"Ok, look I know your upset with me, but you can't say you didn't deserve it-"

"-Nobody deserves to get beaten by their own parents!" I screamed whilst pounding the door.

"Ok let's stop this little family reunion" Barry snickered "open the door or it's going down!"

I was furious and I wanted to stay and fight but I knew I would never win. They're adults and I'm a child, ones a drug dealer and the other is an addict.

"Fine I'll open the door, just give me a sec" I grabbed the keys to my dirtbike which were on the side, and I ran to my window.

"Are you still there, hello!?" Dad smacked the door repeatedly.
"Fuck, he's making a run for it, quick!"

I'm glad that it's a one story house or there'd be no way I could pull that off.

I sprinted to the dirtbike and jammed in the keys.
"C'mon, c'mon, start you crappy machine" I tried to get it to start but it was taking a while.
My dad and Barry are storming there way over.
I kicked the engine and it roared into life.

"Yes!" I pressed my foot down on the pedal but I was suddenly yanked backwards off the bike.

"Your not going anywhere" Barry hissed shoving me to the ground and pinning my hands above my head.
"Fucking let me go" I struggled.

My dad came up and aimed a kick to my head but it missed by just an inch.
"Move again boy and I promise you the next kick will not miss"

He missed it on purpose, he just wanted to scare me.
I went still for a moment, trying to trick them into letting me go.
"Attaboy"
"Now listen up, here is what's going to happen-"

I kneed him hard in the stomach and he rolled off me, I jumped to my feet, narrowly missing a swing from my dad. Barry grabbed my ankle, I tripped and my face hit the bike.

"Oh shit" I stomped on his hand with my other foot and I leaped on the bike and sped away.

I stopped somewhere deep in the forest and I fell to the ground grabbing my ankle, I think I twisted it when Barry grabbed me.

{ Pope POV }

I'm early, so I went the long way back to the chatue which was through the forest. I came into a clearing and sat on a rock and got out my phone to text JJ and tell him I'm on the way.

I heard the roaring of a bike and it came speeding straight through the clearing. I recognised that dirtbike.

It stopped about 25 metres from the clearing and I saw a blur of blonde collapse onto the floor.

"Holy shit, JJ!" I started running towards him

I threw myself onto the floor next to him
"Oh my god!" He jumped and threw his hands up to his face.
"Whoa-"
"Jesus, Pope! Don't scare me like that" he said sounding relieved.

"What the hell happened to you?" I looked at his bleeding lips.

"I'm fine" he said sitting up "I just fell off my bike"
"Bullshit, than why were you just laying there" I interrogated
"Im tired" he replied.

"You went back home didn't you?"
He didn't respond.
"Of course you did or else you wouldn't have been able to get the damn bike!" I continued

"Yes Pope I did go home, I got the bike and I came back" he shot.
"Why didn't you tell me man?"
"Because you would stop me!"
"No, I would've helped you"

"Ok it doesn't matter because I'm here now!" he exclaimed.

"Did you get the clothes that you said you'd get?"
"No, I'm gonna go back for those later"
I shook my head.
"What?" He asked frustratedly

"Why are you bleeding?"
"You literally saw me fall off?"
"And your ankle?"
"How do you - I fell off" he repeated.

I could tell he was lying but I didn't question him further.

I swear it's like everytime I see him he's got some new injury. People just gotta stop hurting JJ.

And whoever did this to him obviously isn't finished yet.

Sorry, I know that this is kinda bad but I do have some really exciting ideas for this book.
~Lexi