17 - "Stay the hell away from our daughter!"

{ Narrator POV }

"Oh shit" JJ breathed.
"God damn it!" Kie exclaimed, pulling the two boys to the side, away from the speeding car.

The car pulled up right next to them, and within a split second Mr and Mrs Carrera had slammed the door shut, and where storming over to the teenagers.

"You two don't get involved okay" she whispered.
Pope agreed
But JJ however...did not.

"Kiara Carrera! Where the hell have you been!?" Her mum boomed and gave an angry side glance to Pope and JJ.

"Mum please -"
"Wait what's that on your neck?" Her dad interrupted.
Kie sighed.

"Woah! Is that what I think it is" Mrs Carrera said in disbelief.
Her dad looked accusingly at Pope and JJ.

"It was one of you little pricks, wasn't it?" He growled getting closer to them.
"Language" his wife scolded.

JJ was about to say something when Kie quickly interrupted.
"No it wasn't any of them, I promise"
"Who was it than" her mum asked

"I - It was just this random kid...I don't even know his name"
"And did you let him?" Her dad asked

She hesitated for a moment.
Pope was biting his lip anxiously.
And JJ was watching in anticipation.

"No...I didn't let him" she said quietly.

"I think your lying to cover up for your friends! I bet it's this one here!" Mr Carrera said, grabbing JJ's wrists.
"It wasn't me" JJ objected
"You look like the type" Mr Carrera hissed.

"Dad, let him go! It wasn't him or Pope, I swear!" Kiara cried out.

He fiercely let go of his wrists, and JJ backed away.
"Kiara you are not to be hanging out with them anymore" he spat

"No! They're my friends. And the last time this kid tried to hurt me JJ was the one who fought him off!" Kie pointed to the blonde boy.
"They literally protected me from him, dad. You can't just dismiss them!"

"So this 'unamed' kid did that?" Mr Carrera asked pointing to JJ's face.
He nodded.

"We are going home! Right now, Kiara" her mum interrupted, dragging Kie away by the arm.
"See you tomorrow?" Pope asked sneakily.

"NO"
"You will not be seeing her tomorrow, or ever again for that matter!" Her dad ordered.

"Mum, dad! That's not fair"

"Mr Carrera and Mrs.. Kie needs us, what if this koo - I mean kid comes back." JJ pointed out.
"Well you weren't there for her today" her mum scoffed.

"That was my fault" Kie interrupted "I told them to go home. They wanted to walk me back but I said no"

"Yeah" JJ said
"That's true, but from now on we promise to be with her and to make sure this person doesn't come back for her" Pope announced.

"Absolutely not! You know how much trouble you've gotten our daughter into!? You got her name on the fucking criminal records!" Mrs Carrera screamed.

"That's it, we're going. You two stay the hell away from her! Got it?" Mr Carrera threatened.

"Fuck you!"
"JJ!" Pope shook his arm.

"Excuse me, what did you say to me you little brat" Mr Carrera shoved JJ to the wall.
"I said 'fuck you' " JJ hissed.

"Don't you dare disrespect me, boy." He growled and pressed him into the wall.

"Let him go" Pope said trying to pull his arms off JJ.
He just shrugged Pope off.

"Stay away from my daughter! Got it?" Mr Carrera repeated, slowly and menacingly.
"Got it" JJ said lowly.

He backed off and left to JJ to inhale deep breaths after being squeezed against the wall. Pope rushed over to help him.

Kiara had never seen her dad like this before...it scared her.

JJ and Pope watched as they dragged a complaining Kie to the car.

{ JJ POV }

"Well that's just great, I officially hate her dad now! And also what the fuck are we gonna do now?" I muttered, kicking a stone.

"They did say that we can't see Kie anymore so -"
"Hell naw, we aren't gonna let them take Kie from us. We'll break her out if we have to!" I stated with confidence

"Did you not see the way he had you against that wall? He could kill you with his bare hands if he wanted to" Pope pointed out.

I just shook my head.

"I think we should just give them a few days to cool down and then maybe we can try and get Kie out" Pope suggested.

"That's a good idea, but remember Pope we only have another week till we have to go back to that hellhole, aka school!" I grumbled.

"Ugh, fuck school-"
"Woah, woah, woah. Did I just hear Pope Heyward say that he hates school. Holy shit" I cackled, patting his shoulders.

"Yeah you did" he said.

"Let's go back to the chatue, it's like really late now." I suggested
"It's not that late" Pope said
"What's the time than?"
"Like 9"
"How come it's already  dark than" I asked
"Well it gets dark at night time you dumbass"

"Yeah ok, I know I'm stupid"

"Oh also Pope, I um - I have to go back to my dad's house some point this week. I need to get some stuff"

"What kind of stuff?" Pope asked suspiciously
"Oh you know, just the usual. Clothes, and like some... school stuff" I mumbled.

"School stuff my ass!" Pope exclaimed "you don't even bring a goddamn pen to school!"

"Fine! I'm out of weed, and cigarettes - oh and i also need some more beer" I confessed.

"No JJ, I think it's time you quit your addiction. It's getting a bit too much" He said, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Wrong..I was only just getting started sweetheart"