35 - "Just us?"

TW: injury details

{ JJ POV }

"Damn it" I groaned, collapsing onto the bed but immediately regretted it as my stomach cramped up, causing me to fling myself back up again.

I was choking back sobs.

I was in absolute agony as my whole torso felt like it was on fire, I cautiously whipped off my sweaty shirt and inspected the damage.

HOLY SHIT! The burnt skin was blood-like red and going blistery white all over the edges. It was making a wierd crackly sound too.

That was the most painful experience of my life, it was only a few seconds but it felt like hours.
Now I have the fucking letter 'M' imprinted onto my flesh, just above my hip.

My next concern was my ribs, they're definitely bruised as hell but I think one of them's fractured, the bone is slightly sticking out through the skin. I lightly poked it and winced as the pain shot through my body, yep that's definitely broken.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself.

I knew exactly how to fix this, no need for any doctors. I found some gauze and wrapped it tightly round my ribs, taking in sharp breaths.

At least it was only my torso that was battered, he didn't touch my face only because he doesn't want to risk getting into trouble with the school.

Trauma to the abdomen can be pretty dangerous. I'm just waiting for the day that one of his punches end up killing me. 

I pulled on a clean black shirt, refusing to look at the horrific bruises any longer. I'm leaving, I can't stay here any longer, Kie was right about him, he is never going to change.

I picked up my bags and went up to the window.
"Fuck this place, I hate you" I half yelled, right before slipping out the window.

My whole body was throbbing but there's nothing I can do about it, I have to leave. This is going to be a very long and painful journey...

{ Kiara POV }

I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of boring just being here on my own. It just doesn't feel right being at the chatue without all the guys.

I know that we haven't seen the last of John B, I believe he's still alive and that he's out there somewhere, he wouldn't have gone down that easily. He is not the type of person to die from a storm, he literally surfed the surge last month during that bitchy ass storm and he was fine.

But now I'm just curious as to what that radio call said back at the police station. Part of me hoped it could be that they found John B and Sarah but I highly doubted that. Its probably just some report about kids doing drugs or some shit like that.

I've texted the group chat to see if any of them are coming over, Pope said he'd be here in about an hour. And Im hoping that JJ will turn up soon aswell.
________________________________________
1 hour later

Its 5 in the evening now and to be honest I was expecting JJ to be here by like early afternoon. I've already tried texting him but none of the messages delivered to his phone.

Suddenly the door burst open.
"Pope?" I called out

But I quickly realised that it wasn't Pope once I saw a blur of blonde collapse onto the floor.

"What the fuck! JJ?" I said, rushing over to him.

"It's fine, I'm okay" he spluttered, sitting up.
"what happened" I asked concern lacing my tone.
"Nothing" his expression was stiff as if he was hiding something.