42 - "It's not a request, it's an order"

TW mentions of suicide and violence

{ JJ POV }

"Fucking hell dad, you nearly ran her over!" I shouted towards the car.

"Guys let's go" Kie mumbled
"Wait-"

"-What's he doing here?" Pope asked in a dangerous voice.
"I don't know" I sighed

He pulled over and rolled down the window.
"Come on hurry up" he beckoned.

"Shit, this can't be good" I muttered, starting to walk to the car.

"JJ, no. You don't have to go" Kie held me
back

"I'll sort him out myself" Pope started storming to the truck but I yanked him back.

"Bro no, stay out of it"

"I'll just go see what he wants o-" I started
"BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound of the horn made us jump.
"JUST GIVE ME A SECOND DAD" I yelled out to him

"I swear to god JJ I'm gonna kill him" Pope seethed.

"Just stay here okay I'll go see what he wants, he's not gonna do anything with you two standing there" I reassured them

"JJ!" He yelled, getting out the car.
"Alright, alright I'm coming" I said frustratedly

He was only the slightest bit taller than me but it felt like he was towering above, I looked down to the floor.

"In the car. Let's go" he demanded pulling open the door.
I stared blankly at it and than looked back to Kie and Pope. They were watching intently, trying to restrain themselves from pouncing forwards.

His beady little black eyes bared straight down into my own pastely blue ones. Thank god I got my mother's eyes.

His face softened, which kind of scared me to be honest.

"Come here" he said putting his arms over me, wrapping me into a hug.
My whole body tensed and went rigid, my hands stayed flat by my side.

Does he suddenly feel guilty now or does he just want something from me?

"Ey what's wrong with you lad? It feels like I'm hugging a tree, come on give your old man a hug"

I scrunched up my nose and slowly lifted my arms up and round his back. I tried to relax my muscles but they refused, it's just my natural reaction.

"I haven't seen you in ages" he mentioned.
And you really wonder why?

"Ok dad what do you actually want from me?" I pulled away

"What do you mean? I can't hug my own son now?" He retorted

"No it's just that.. you never do this"

He furrowed his eyebrows before turning to Pope and Kie.

"What are you kids looking at? Shoo go on, go! I'm taking him home now" he waved his hands to them dismissively.

They wore annoyed expressions before turning to me for confirmation, I nodded.

"Well alright then, and uh also JJ remember we have gym tomorrow so don't forget your kit" This was a lie, I know exactly what he's doing.

He purposely made it so my dad would hear and I was very grateful for that. Pope's a smart dude.

____________________________________
Back at home

"Are you only doing this because you want something from me?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Uh actually now that you mentioned it, there is something that you could do for me"