29 - Arrested

{ JJ POV }

I was laying in the sun when I heard tyres crunch in the driveway, I quickly opened my eyes and saw it was a cop car.

"Shit" I muttered, quickly getting up and running to find Pope and Kie

"Guys, guys cops are here!" I frantically shouted flinging open the door.

My shirt was still off and I was running my hands through my hair anxiously. Are they here for me? Did Rafe snitch?

"Fuck" Pope exclaimed,
"JJ get a goddamn shirt on, cops are coming!" Kie ordered
"I-I can't go back out there!" I dramatically pointed to the door.

"Shit, what are we gonna do man" I yelled, shaking pope's shoulder.

"Dude, it could just be the hearing-" he tried to reassure me.
"But it's not until Tuesday!" Kie recalled

"Ok, ok JJ if they try accuse you of something just remember what you told me; deny, deny, deny. Got it?"

I nodded frantically.
I Just gotta deny the living shit out of it.

"Ok let me handle it for now" Pope patted my shoulder and stepped out the front door.

"JJ! Where's the gun?" Kie whisper yelled at me
"How the fuck should I know?" I whispered back

"What if they search this place? How could you lose your own gun!?" She continued to whisper

"Deny, deny, deny" I whispered annoyingly.
She just scoffed.
"Have fun in jail, dude. They're gonna find it" she retorted

"They're not gonna find it" I replied
"Yeah they are and what's gonna happen to you if you get your ass thrown in prison, eh?"

I tried not to let that get to me. Its the last place I want to go, I've heard too many horror stories of that hellhole called Wadesborough. It's basically like a torture camp!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Kie nudged my shoulder and pointed to the door.

We looked out the big glass doors to see Pope walking up to Shoupe and another one of his buddies.

"Hey there officers what ya doing here? I thought the hearing isn't until Tues-"
"Move aside" they demanded, pushing Pope away.

"Oh shit! Kie, I'm totally fucked!" I jumped, thinking of what to do.
"Relax!" She snapped

"We have an arrest warrant for JJ Maybank!" Shoupe announced, storming through the front door.

Our eyes went wide in shock
"Me? Wha - what have I done" I asked obliviously and panicky.

"Do you seriously need reminding, kid?" He said, trying to put me in handcuffs.

"Woah, woah, no! I refuse to be cuffed until you at least tell me what I did?" I objected, keeping away from him.

Kiara and Pope were stood to the side mouths agape.

"Don't make this more difficult than it has to be" the other officer sighed.
"And who the hell are you?" I asked, as I was yanked back towards them.
"I'm officer McCoy" he replied, as he whipped out his handcuffs.

"Now stay still" he said holding me so firmly that his nails dug into my flesh.

"Wait no" I struggled as they harshly cuffed my hands behind my back.

"YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!"
"Just like I have the right to know why your arresting me!" I shouted back, straining against the cuffs that were made too tight.

"You little-" Officer McCoy started
"-Uh no. He actually has a point, you have to tell us why your arresting my boy here" Pope spoke up

Shoupe cleared his throat.
"For the discharging of a fire arm and threatening to use it on fellow citizens. And your a minor too, which makes it significantly worse"

Do I deny or confess?

"I -"
"-It was self defense" Kie quickly stepped in.
"Did they have a weapon?" McCoy asked
"Ye - well no" I stumbled
"Than it wasn't self defense!" He stated bluntly

"But they-" Kie started

"Shut up! - Tell me JJ, if we searched through this entire place, right now! Would we find a gun?" Shoupe asked, looking me straight in the eyes.

I hummed in response unsure of how to answer.

"Uncuff him, he didn't do anything" Kie begged
"Silence, or you'll be coming in too" Officer McCoy yelled at her.
"Kiara, stop - please" I practically whispered, looking at her pleadingly.

She sighed and stepped away.

"Answer us kid, would we find a damn gun in here or not!?" Officer McCoy shook my naked shoulders.

I gave an unnoticeable side glance to my friends and they were shaking their heads subtly, telling me to say 'no'.

"N-no" I replied to the officers

"Mmm, put him in the truck" Shoupe ordered McCoy.

"Wait, hold up" I said, trying to resist the officer's pull.

"NO!" Pope called out "y-you can't take him away. How do you know that we weren't framed? Your just arresting him out of spite!"

"Dude, just stay out of it..." I said, trying to pull away from this dickead McCoy.
"No he's right, please officers don't take him away, you haven't even let us made our statements" Kie added

"Guys stop!" I snapped "I don't need your asses in jail with me"
"JJ, they can't do this -" Pope started
"Pope! Please! Just don't get involved, either of you" I ordered but I sounded more pleading than anything.

"Should we take them in too?" McCoy asked Shoupe.
"No!" I interrupted "it's me that you need, not them"

Kie had tears welling in her eyes
"Your not taking him, you don't understand what will happen if you do-"
"-Kiara!"
"No JJ, you can shut up. Let me talk" she shot back.

I kept my mouth shut and let her speak.

"This surely isn't fair. You can't just come storming in here and arrest a 16 year old kid without even hearing our side of the story. You just automatically assume that those rich ass kids are telling the truth. Because of course nobody will ever actually fucking believe us" She half shouted at them

"Damn" Pope remarked

"Ok I've heard enough, we're taking them all! Let's go! Questioning will be at the station." Shoupe explained, seizing their arms.

"Woah" Pope flinched
"Hey" Kiara griped

"Let them go, they didn't do anything" I complained

"Silence!"

"Alright, alright, relax. Can you atleast let me put a shirt on?" I asked sheepishly...

Hey everyone how are you all doing? :)

Just wanted to quickly apologise for not being active the past 3 days, I usually try to update every day or every other day... But I'm back at school again and it's kind of hard to balance school and my home situation and all of that along with trying to post a chapter everyday.

So thankyou for being patient with me and I'll see you all in the next one. Feel free to comment ideas or anything you want really xx

~Lexi