24 - Small Confessions

{ Kiara POV }

I sighed. This is exactly the conversation I wanted to avoid.

JJ looked at me expectantly and even Pope who was driving went silent waiting for me to talk.

"Why haven't you been answering our texts or calls" JJ asked, prompting me to start.

"I already told you, they took my phone away" I answered
"Were they that mad?"
"Yes they were, they despise you guys, especially you JJ"
"I'm taking that as a compliment" he said

I shook my head.

" They were like super mad at me saying that I'm hanging out with the wrong people, and that our names are on the goddamn criminal files, how badly I've changed and all the other shit we've done" I explained

"Damn, that actually is kind of our fault though" Pope said
"Nah, it's as much my fault as it is yours" I mentioned

"They're not gonna let me hang out with you anymore" I stated simply
"We're not gonna let that happen" JJ said quickly.
"Yup" Pope added

"You won't believe what they're like now, they've really changed. They shouted and said that I was a disappointment and shit like that, hell she even sla- I mean-"

"Hold up! What did you say?" JJ interrupted
"Nothing, I said that she just screamed at me and stuff"
"Don't lie to me Kie. I heard that" JJ said

"What are you on about, man" Pope intervened
"Exactlyy" I said

"Kie were you gonna say that she hit you?" JJ questioned.
"What!? No!" I yelled skeptically

JJ's face softened
"You can tell me anything. You know that, right? Because most of the time I'll probably relate" He whispered into my ear.

I nodded solemnly.

"Hey JJ, get out of it" Pope called from the back.
I giggled lightly
JJ rolled his eyes and ignored him.

"So than tell me, did your mum hit you" he whispered again.

I hesitated.
"Fine, she did but it was only a small slap, it's really not a big deal. And it was only once"

"I don't believe that she only did it once. But let me tell you Kie, if your parents hit you once they'll do it again, I guarantee you" he whispered.

I frowned.
"Why are you making it such a big deal!?"
"Because... Its not right"
"It's fine -"

Our faces were inches apart and Pope didn't like it.

"-Can you stop whispering. And get the hell away from eachother!" Pope yelled swerving the van slightly, causing us to spring away from eachother.

"Sorry"
"Mhm" JJ mumbled
Pope shook his head.

"Look man, just because you kissed her once it doesn't mean you control her now" JJ half shouted
"I never said I did" Pope replied cooly

"Also let me just remind you Pope, when we kissed, you were high and we were literally running away from the police and the entire island was searching for us." I pointed out.

Pope didn't reply he just kept his eyes on the road.

JJ gave me a look that says oh-shit-I-think-we-screwed-up.

_____________________________________

Evening came by and it was nearly time to go to this party that JJ was talking about.

JJ told me to wear casual clothes, so that's what I did. I'm wearing white jean shorts, a black top and a plaid red jacket tied around my waist.

 I'm wearing white jean shorts, a black top and a plaid red jacket tied around my waist

                 ^^Something like this ^^

JJ was running around like a headless chicken at the last second, looking for his hair gel.

"Just fucking relax!" Pope said
"I can't find that son of a bitch, where the hell is it!?" JJ exclaimed angrily.

"Is this it?" I said holding up the container with the gel in.
"Yes! Where was it?" He said relieved, snatching it out my hands.

"Your such a dumbass, it was literally on the side" I exclaimed
"I swear that I looked there" he flustered.

"What would we do without you Kie" Pope sighed
"Die" JJ said darkly

"Pfftt JJ" I laughed

He just shrugged his shoulders, he was too busy focusing on his goddamn hair. He was gelling it the way he wants it to to go.

"I thought it was just gonna be casual" I scoffed
"It is"
"Then why are you putting gel in your hair?"
"Because I want to, okay!?" He snapped
"By the way it looks greasy" I said and then I stalked off to the car.

Pope was sitting on the edge of the van just looking down at the floor.
"Hey, you alright" I asked making him jump
"Mhm..." He replied
"Is it about what I said earlier?" I questioned

He shrugged his shoulders.
"I - I thought that kiss... would mean something, you know" Pope mumbled

"I know Pope" I sighed " And I'm sorry but I just don't wanna ruin the friendship we all have, we can't be a couple and just have JJ on his own. Especially at this time and everything that happened this summer"

Pope nodded.
"It's fine Kie, I get it"
I smiled
"But in the future, you will be mine" he smirked and then left to to start the engine.
"We'll see about that" I chuckled

"Ok I'm here now" JJ exhaled sharply, after sprinting to the van.
"Unfortunately" I joked
"Shit. Well I know where I'm not wanted" JJ mocked sadness.

I patted his back.
"Let's go bitch" I said, stepping into the van.
"Okie dokie" JJ replied doing some sort of wierd jump to get in.

"This is your captain, Pope Heyward speaking. You are on flight 04372 69" Pope slyly added the last number.
"Oh shut up" I laughed
JJ raised his eyebrows.

"My favourite dickheads" I exclaimed
"And our favourite bitch in charge" JJ added swinging an arm round me.

This is what I've missed, hanging out with my best friends. The only thing that could possibly make it better was if John B was here too. Hell, even me and Sarah were becoming closer but then they were both cruelly ripped away from us.

{ JJ POV }

Every time we've attended a party something always goes wrong, I just hope this won't be one of those...

Do y'all like the outfit I chose for Kie? I totally see her wearing something like that!

~Lexi xx