36 - Last summer's boat ride

{ Kiara POV }

We've been chilling on the boat for nearly two hours now, it was a warm evening as we all sat with our feet dangling in the water watching the sunset. This was the most peaceful I've felt in weeks.

I would never of thought this is how our summer would go. We didn't expect to be coming out the holidays, two members short.

I think tonight will be my first proper sleep since John B and Sarah disappeared. All I could ever think about was if they're still alive and that they're out there somewhere... possibly suffering and waiting on help.

The thought frustrated me, because they could literally be on the brink of death whilst we're all just sat here, unable to do anything because everyone thinks they're dead.

John B isn't the the type of guy to go and drown in some storm. Like JJ, he also has the survival instincts of a cockroach.

Most would say that we're just in denial, which I guess is kind of true. But I do genuinely believe that they're still alive. But even if they are I'm not quite sure for how much longer they will be.

"Guys... I think John B is -"
"Dead" Pope finished my sentence, not even bothering to look up.

"No, he-he can't be. What if they're alive? What if they need our hel-"
"Kie, he's gone alright!" he snapped, standing up.

"We can't be doing this right now okay, it's been a good evening so let's not ruin it now" his tone was serious and demanding. His eyes were emotionless; what the fuck is going on with this guy!?

"You didn't even let me explain-" I started

"-Later! I don't want you to spoil tonight"

"Dude..." JJ trailed off, thinking of what to say next. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing!" Pope snapped at the blonde boy.

JJ and I looked at him pleadingly.

He sighed.
"Okay, I'm sorry but this evening has been the best I've felt in like..weeks! My mind hasn't had a single goddamn rest! Because all I could FUCKING think about was John B and frikin Sarah Cameron" He half yelled, his voice cracking in-between.

JJ and I stared at him shock.
"Pope..." I trailed off.
"Bro, you do know that what happened was completely out of our control-" JJ started

"But it wasn't, JJ! We could of prevented this - no, I could of prevented this!" he rubbed his forehead "I'm the only one here with a brain and I can't believe that I managed to fuck everything up like that!"

"Hey, hey this isn't your fault okay" JJ comforted him "I'm the one who gave him the boat, alright"

"Look we're doing all this worrying when were not even certain that they're dead " I mentioned

"How, Kie? There's no way they could of survived that storm" Pope argued
"There were never any bodies though" I argued back

"Yo, let's not start anything now, okay" JJ said, putting himself between Pope and I.

He rubbed his nose and nodded. I agreed.

______________________________________

"Yo, anybody want a beer?" JJ asked, crushing his empty can.

"I do" I said
"Can you be trusted with this? Especially after Friday" he teased, holding the can infront of my face.

"Yes!" I shouted, snatching the beer from his hands
"Jesus..." He backed away as If I was some wild animal "Pope what about you buddy, want one?"