6 - Breaking the wall

This chapter contains detail to injury.
~Lexi

{ Kiara POV }

When JJ asked about John B I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt, this whole time we were focusing on John B and we didn't realise what JJ was going through.

He always pushed his problems away like it meant nothing and he has built his protective wall so much that it was sure to break soon. Sure they both had it really hard but now even though John B isn't here I wanted to focus a little more on JJ.

We didn't answer his question it was gonna come back to him soon and it was gonna hit hard when it did.

JJ was pretty much silent apart from the sounds of his heavy breathing. I looked in the rear view mirror and I saw he had himself scrunched up tight again and he was slowly rocking himself back and forth.

"Are you ok dude?" Pope asked him, noticing that he was getting paler and paler by the second and was slightly shaking as if it was cold.

JJ just nodded not looking up from his position.
"You don't look alright, just hold on we'll be there in a few minutes" I said driving a little faster, I could tell he was in pain and he didn't want to admit it, he never did.

"Kie stop the car!" JJ suddenly yelled jumping up and sliding open the door.

{ JJ POV }

The pain was starting to become unbearable and I felt sick, I really needed some of my weed right now. I was breathing heavily trying not to think about it. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Kie stop the car" I yelled, getting up and rushing to the door yanking it open and jumping out just as the car was coming to a stop.
"JJ" Kie called out

{ Narrator POV }

JJ stumbled to a bush and threw up, he was shaking violently as Kie approached him.

She held his hair back out of his face as he threw up and she could see the horrible bruises again. Pope came and rubbed his back comfortingly.

"That's it bud" he cooed
"It's okay" Kie said softly

He hated being babyed around.

They got back into the van once he was done and and drove the last 5 minutes back to the chateau.

JJ looked weak and he was still pale as ever.

"JJ what actually happened when you got home" Pope decided to ask
JJ just sighed
"Do we have to talk about this now Pope" he said weakly.

"He really got you bad,huh" Pope continued
"Yeah no shit" JJ mumbled, he just looked down at the floor.

Pope looked at him expectantly
JJ sighed, again.

"He just kept on going and going" he said in a small voice "he wouldn't stop, he-he tried to kill me" he still didn't look up from the floor.

"That bastard, I wish I could give him a royal ass beating" Pope growled
Kie just gave him a sad look.

JJ wasn't sure if he should tell them that his dad kicked him out, he was certain that if he did try and go back his dad would kill him with that damn hammer.

____________________________________

They just got back to the chatue. The last time they were here John B was still around. It looked so different without him here.

"Right, where is he than?" JJ asked
"Let's talk about this later" Kie said quickly
"Wha-why?"

"JJ! lets get you cleaned up properly first" she ordered, trying to avoid the whole John B thing, she didn't want to be the one to tell him. She was gonna wait until his unfuzzed.memory comes back to normal which should be soon.