56 - Luke Maybank pt.1

{ JJ POV }

"Who told you that?" I hissed. For a second I literally didn't even recognise the name. Nobody, and I mean nobody calls me that anymore.

I haven't heard it since mum left. She used to call me that and dad did too, but as soon she left he deleted all traces of that name ever existing. The only document it exists on is my birth certificate and I don't even know where that is. I wouldn't be surprised if dad burnt it.

As soon as she walked out that door my name's just been JJ. My dad couldn't bear to call me by the name that mum gave me, he couldn't even bear to look at me for a while simply because I "looked to much like her". Well no shit sherlock, I'm her son of course I'm gonna look like her!

I was only 7...

Pope spoke up, snapping me out my thougts.
"The reception guy said that was your name. Dude, the hospital isn't gonna have your nickname on their files are they?"

I didn't know they had my real name, then that must mean they have my birth certificate too. If I can find that then my mum's name should be on there. Maybe I'll be able to find her?

"Oh, right" I nodded

"So when were you gonna tell us your real name was Jaxon James, eh?" Kie put her hand on her hip

"I like literally forget about it aswell, I haven't heard that name in like 10 years" I stated tonelessly.

"Can we call you tha-"

"No" I cut her off "do not call me that, I hate it"

"Okay what about Jaxon then?" She persisted

"No. It's just JJ, alright? The same as it's always been" I said sharply

It's always the same nurse that comes swinging round the door every time
"Come on kids, out you go" she demanded

"Are you serious? We just got here" Kiara complained

"I know but this is the last time okay? After 6pm today you can visit him for longer. This is his last few shots of medication and after that he should be alright to have you guys over for longer"

"More needles?" I asked in fear

"Yes sweetie, I know you hate them but you need to get them done"

"I'm not your sweetie" I huffed

She just rolled her eyes at me

"You two go outside a sec I'm just gonna give him these and then I wanna have a quick word with you" she dismissed Pope and Kie out the door.

I shrieked each time the injection pierced my skin and I could feel the cool liquid pumping in, sending shivers through my body.

"Sorry sweetie, last one" she said, stabbing the 4th injection into my shoulder.

"I already told you, I'm not your sweetie" I spoke through gritted teeth.

She finally removed the long object and left me alone to go speak to Kie and Pope outside. I strained my ears to try and listen but couldn't hear a thing.

{ Pope POV }

"This kid doesn't really have anyone else looking out for him, does he?"

I was unsure of how to answer this, she's right but do we admit to that?

I looked to Kie but she stayed silent, signalling for me to answer. Shit, I'm supposed to be the smart one here.

"Um no.. not really" I answered