11 - Still children

{ JJ POV }

I sighed. Should I tell them or not? I still have a chance to turn this around. Fuck it! They're gonna find out one way or another so I might aswell tell them now.

"My dad" I said blankly, trying not to show any emotions whatsoever.

"What about him?" Pope asked looking me straight in the eyes.
I shifted uncomfortably. Why does he always have to stare at my eyes.

Kie motioned with her hands for me to continue.

"Ok so basically, I don't really have a home anymore" I quickly blurted out.
"What do you mean?" Kie said with a confused look on her face.
"My dad uh kinda kicked me out.." I continued

"He 'kinda' kicked you out or did he fully kick you out?" Pope implored.
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass Pope" I grumbled and rolled my eyes.

Kie scoffed.

"Yes he did kick me out, if that's the right answer for you"
"And why are you scoffing at me Kiara" I added, with a hint of anger in my tone.

Kie ignored me
"So carry on about what you were saying, like about your dad" she said

"Ok so as I was saying before you two had to be annoying little dicks -" I started.
"- excuse me" Pope interrupted "I wouldn't say little especially when we're taking about dicks."

Kie slapped his arm.
"Don't be like JJ" she muttered.
Pope just smirked
I stifled a laugh but quickly averted back to seriousness.

"Guys come on, let me fucking talk! This is serious" I shouted.
"Ok sorry, please continue" Kie turned to look at me.
Pope also turned and looked me in the eyes again, he knows how much I hate that. He was looking for any sign of emotions but I wasn't gonna give that to him.

"Ok so my dad kicked me out and now I'm gonna have to stay at the chatue. But I have to go back every now and again to get some stuff" I said all in a rush.

"He's said that before though, like he kicked you out before but he let you back after -"
"A week! A whole fucking week, Pope" I snapped back finishing his sentence for him.

"Ok but still, I'm sure it will blow over and you can go home. School starts soon, you can't be living here. What if you get in trouble at school which by the way is very often -" Pope lectured.
"So what's your point!" I snapped

"My point is that shit hole of a school will call your father. And I'll let you think for a minute what that would mean for you.." He finished, with a sympathetic look.
I tensed. I completely forgot about that.
"Well.Shit!" Kie exclaimed.

I put my head in my hands thinking of what to do. I'm not sure what he'd do to me if he caught me back at home. Especially if I'm stealing his drugs. I swear that those damn drugs mean more to him than I do. That annoyed me.

Without even realising it my foot swung out and kicked the thing nearest to me, which happened to be the side of the boat.
"Damn it" I groaned, still not removing my head from my hands.

"You okay?" Kie asked gently
"What do you think!?" I snapped back.
"Calm down I was just asking if you were okay" she said moving away from me.

Why do I have to be like this? I know that I can be really toxic and I don't want to act like a dickhead but I just can't help it sometimes. Especially the last few days I've had a shorter temper than usual. I took my hands off my head and looked at them.

"JJ, as hard as this may sound but you have to go home before school starts. You can't stay here. You know how much those bitches like to get in other peoples business" Pope exclaimed.
"Can't" I muttered.
"Why not"
"He'll kill me" I said blandly
He just looked at me with a tilted head.

"Look I'm serious okay! Last time he tried to kill me with a fucking hammer!" I said raising my voice.
Kie and Pope both had grave expressions as soon as I said that. Shit.

"We-we didn't know that" Kie said quietly
"No it's fine Kie, really! I don't need anyone's fukcing sympathy okay" I retorted.
Pope placed his hand on my back.
"That's it. Your not going home" he announced.

I smiled.
"But, tomorrow your coming back to mine" Pope said.
"What? No. I cant show up to your dad's like this" I objected, pointing to my face.
"It's fine you can just say that happened when we got jumped by the figure eight assholes" Pope said.
"No Pope, please, I really don't want to" pleaded.

"JJ, my dad wants to see you, he wanted to talk to you, remember. And I know what he wants to talk about, but you just remain calm okay and say what you want to. I won't interfere I will just go along with whatever you say. You can decide whether to tell the truth or not." He explained.
"Ugh, fine"

I was really not looking forward to this I knew I was gonna have to do it though.

"Ok guys I don't know what your talking about but I really think we should go back now, I'm literally freezing" she complained.
"I agree" I've been cold for the last like 40 minutes since I jumped in the water.
"Okay than, let's go back and dry up" Pope said, turning on the engine and driving back towards John B's place which from now on is where I will stay.

{ Narrator POV }

They got back in and they all went their separate ways to get changed and dry up. They all came back together about 10 minutes later.

"It's late now and we've had a pretty eventful day don't you think? We got Pope all the crap he needs for school. We beat some kooks asses and we had a lovely dovely time on the boat, didn't we" JJ mockingly said with a sweet yet sarcastic smile.

"Oh yes JJ dear, we had such a lovely time on the finest boat and that was an absolutely splendid cuppa tea there ya made, love" Kie said imitating a British accent.

They all burst out laughing.
"Oh my god Kie, honestly, we have to go to England one day" Pope said.
"And I will buy you the finest cup of earl grey tea made with only best freshly ground tea leaves." He continued with the British accent.
"Sounds lovely dear" Kie said placing a hand on her chest for dramatics.

"Guys I think you forgot about the roadmen and the chavs, they're like all over tik tok" JJ exclaimed and he cleared his throat getting ready to start the accent.
"Oh no, here we go" Kie jokingly scoffed.

"Wassup fam, how do y'all like my puffy ass jacket and my cool fanny pack. Isn't it peng bruv!" he mocked trying to talk like a british road man.
"Bollocks bruv, your absolutely batty" Kie added.

They were all rolling on the floor laughing hysterically.
"Ah so you know roadmen and chavs too, eh" JJ remarked with raised eyebrows.
"Yeah of course I do dipshit I have tik tok too" she chuckled

"Hold up lemme go grab my wierd ass yellow foundation and I also need to get concealer to use as lipstick" Kie joked.
JJ just laughed.

"Of course JJ had to be the one to bring up the roadmen. Aspiring to be one are you?" Pope jokingly questioned JJ.
"Nah bro, I think I'd rather be a sea cucumber than strut around in those jackets which are like twice the fucking size of them" JJ exclaimed throwing his arms up for emphasis.

"We're still such children" Kiara said chuckling as she lay back in the sofa. After they've calmed down from imititating British accents and their uncontrollable laughter.
"Yeah I know" Pope replied sleepily.

It was currently 11 In the evening and the three best friends were all just lying around the sofa, taking about random things every now and again. JJ however didn't talk as much as Kie and Pope did, he was thinking about too much.

"Right imma head to bed now but tomorrow I definitely have to go home or my parents are gonna literally disown me" Kie laughed, but she quickly stopped once she saw the look on JJ's face.

"Okay goodnight Kie" Pope and JJ said simultaneously.
"Goodnight" she replied walking to her 'room' and closing the door.

"Pope it's okay, you go to bed I'll sleep on the sofa" JJ said giving him a light shove off the couch.
"No JJ you go there, you need to sleep better and remember you live here now it's your room"
"Ugh fine, you win" JJ says hastily standing up and stomping to the room.

Pope however knew the boy wouldnt actually be living here, and this time he isn't getting out of it.

JJ was having trouble sleeping he was worried about what he was going to do tomorrow.