21 - Plans

{ Narrator POV }

It had been 3 days since Pope found JJ in the woods and after that for some reason, they've been pretty distant.

The trio haven't seen eachother in 3 days and for them that was a record. Families are supposed to be with eachother every day, right?

Kie was busy dealing with her own parents outbursts at home, JJ was isolating himself from everyone and hasn't left the chatue at all. But Pope however, has been at home spending time with his beloved parents but the whole time he was thinking of a plan to get the group back.

{ Pope POV }

I think we all just needed a little break from eachother, but now I think that we're ready to get back together. I'm gonna go to the chatue later on to check up on JJ, and see if we can make up a plan.

{ JJ POV }

I felt like I was deteriorating day by day especially that I've been on my own the past 3 days with nothing but my own thoughts.

I was usually distracted from the dark thoughts because I had my friends with me, but now there was nothing stopping them. And to be honest it's my own fault, I just let them takeover and I hate myself for that.

But I do have some good news, yesterday I found a stash of weed under the kitchen sink, so I've basically been getting high out of my mind. It really helped me cope, just to get high and not think about all the bad things.

{ Pope POV }

I practically ran all the way to the Chatue, I was desperate to see my brother.

I hastily pulled on the door handle expecting it to open, but I was surprised to find that it was locked. This doors barely ever locked. Why would JJ lock it?..

I tried pulling it again but it didn't budge.
"JJ! Open the door" I called.
No reply..
"It's me, Pope. Come on man" I knocked.

Suddenly the door swung open and I never saw someone throw themselves at me so fast.

"Pope, thank god" he breathed shakily.
"Whoa, JJ how much weed have you been having bro!? You smell like a fucking drug lab" I exclaimed taking a step back.

"Well sorry, but I didn't expect you to be coming. You could of at least texted me" he replied shallowly.
I just shook my head.
"Are you ok, dude?" I asked him
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be..." he said making it sound more like a question.

"Why was the door locked?" I questioned
"Oh you know, just incase" He said sweeping his hair out of his face.
"Incase of wha-"
"Just stop interrogating me!" JJ snapped

"What? Your scared that the big bad wolf is gonna come after your skinny ass" I continued jokingly.

He just shook his head but there was no missing the grin that formed on his face.

It's funny how quickly JJ can change from angry to happy.

"Last time I checked they don't like bony meals" I mocked and poked his chest.

"Excuse me, but I am ripped as hell" JJ kissed his arm mockingly "I'd be like a fucking full on bargain bucket" he exclaimed.

I sarcastically rolled my eyes at him.
"Ok then Mr 'ripped' maybe you should put that muscle to good use"
"What do you mean"

"We're breaking Kie out" I declared
"Breaking her out?"
"Well not technically breaking her out but we are gonna get her out the house. It's Thursday and we have 4 days left of
freedom" I explained
"Shit, yeah I forgot about school" he groaned

"Yeah well maybe that's because all you've been doing these past few days is getting high"
"That's not-"
"-Where did you even get them from anyway? I thought you ran out" I mentioned.

JJ scoffed.
"Relax Pope, I didn't go and take some drugs from a dodgy guy off the streets. I found them under the sink" he exclaimed

"Wow, I didn't know that you'd find them there" I remarked
"Wait you hid them there?"
"Yeah! Remember a few months ago you were taking too much, so me and John B hid them" I stated "you spent ages looking for those" I chuckled at the memory.

"You sneaky bastard" JJ smiled

"Anyways" JJ quickly changed the subject "let's get back to this Kie thing, I heard that there's this party up at the village hall. It's not one of those fancy ass kook ones so it should be okay" he suggested.

"That's great, when is it?" I asked excitedly
"Tomorrow evening" he replied

"Nice, bro" I high fived him
"Eh, I'm not much of a party guy to be honest but it's worth it for Kie" JJ admitted.

"Good, our plan will take action tomorrow, but in the meantime you have to sort yourself out. Kie isn't going to approve of you walking around smelling like a barrel of weed" I commanded.

"Yeah yeah I will, but you haven't even told me the plan yet, dude"
"Yep that's the next step" I smirked.